March to Stadium (Cologne only) - Scotland v Switzerland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March to Stadium (Cologne only)

I see ATAC have posted on Facebook, re a possible march to the stadium in Cologne, text as below:

"FAN WALK - COLOGNE
During the Fans Forum and Site Visits we've been taking part in, the subject of Fan Walks has been discussed.
In almost all cities, there is an agreed route in place with police to do one.
Munich is unworkable due to the location of the stadium, and the Stuttgart route offered we felt was too far (4.5 miles - taking 90mins to 2 hours)
When we met with the Police and Host City Team in Cologne, they presented us with a very workable option.
The proposal discussed with them would have a meeting point a 5 min walk from the train station, a few stops from the main station. Beer stalls and toilets would be available for around an hour or so for us to congregate. Police would close off the roads to allow us to walk along a 1.2 mile route (approx. 25mins) to the stadium, bringing us in behind our entrance approx. 75-90 mins before kick off.
Would supporters be up for taking part?
Would we have pipers interested in leading us along the route?
There's still a few details to be ironed out with the organisers and police, but if this appeals to fans, we can continue to work with them."

14 hours ago, Silversand said:

I see ATAC have posted on Facebook, re a possible march to the stadium in Cologne, text as below:

"FAN WALK - COLOGNE
During the Fans Forum and Site Visits we've been taking part in, the subject of Fan Walks has been discussed.
Munich is unworkable due to the location of the stadium, and the Stuttgart route offered we felt was too far (4.5 miles - taking 90mins to 2 hours)
When we met with the Police and Host City Team in Cologne, they presented us with a very workable option.
The proposal discussed with them would have a meeting point a 5 min walk from the train station, a few stops from the main station. Beer stalls and toilets would be available for around an hour or so for us to congregate. Police would close off the roads to allow us to walk along a 1.2 mile route (approx. 25mins) to the stadium, bringing us in behind our entrance approx. 75-90 mins before kick off.
There's still a few details to be ironed out with the organisers and police, but if this appeals to fans, we can continue to work with them."

Whoever organises this, please reach out to me via pm. I was born here in Cologne and am following the team for 26 years. So the stadium is kind of my living room...

I can probably help here with experience and some advice.

Taken from ATAC report “This will be a Scotland route to North stand.
1.2mile walk - mostly flat terrain along closed roads and
directed by police. Fan meeting point at start of route on
closed off road area just outside Technologie Park station.
Beer stalls/concessions and toilets (approx 150 metres)”

6 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

ATAC are full of throbbers 👍 

As always, they'll be earning out of this somehow. 

Are we in north stand for sure? I thought we’d get the south as that’s home end. March from Technologie Park station quite boring route. Better route would be from Aachener Weiher to stadium but whatever you agreed on okay 

52 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

Are we in north stand for sure? I thought we’d get the south as that’s home end. March from Technologie Park station quite boring route. Better route would be from Aachener Weiher to stadium but whatever you agreed on okay 

It’s a neutral venue

On 4/11/2024 at 5:55 PM, Silversand said:

"FAN WALK - COLOGNE

ATAC have said there’s nae march tae the groond in Munich and Stuttgart and that’s that

Fuck ATAC as a sign of defiance I’m not joining the march in Cologne. Others are welcome to join me on buses, trains, ubers and river boats

On 4/12/2024 at 8:04 AM, TA-West Germany said:

Whoever organises this, please reach out to me via pm. I was born here in Cologne and am following the team for 26 years. So the stadium is kind of my living room...

I can probably help here with experience and some advice.

Have replied to your email.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:57 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

ATAC have said there’s nae march tae the groond in Munich and Stuttgart and that’s that

Fuck ATAC as a sign of defiance I’m not joining the march in Cologne. Others are welcome to join me on buses, trains, ubers and river boats

There will be loads of ways to get to the stadiums in all three host cities for our group stage matches.  The official fan walk route that was offered by local police and host city staff in Stuttgart was approx 4.5 miles which we said was not feasible.  With the Allianz Arena being so far out of the city centre in Munich there isn't a recognised fan walk route.

We'll be marching to all the stadiums we play at - just as we have done for the venues we've played at in the past.  We'll be coming..............

On 4/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, LoganRoy said:

ATAC are full of throbbers 👍 

As always, they'll be earning out of this somehow. 

🤣

Aye we're coining it in mate 😂