Eurowings - Flex Premium - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eurowings - Flex Premium

Dhowie5

Did anyone else book their flights to Germany through Eurowings and pay a bit extra for Flex Premium? 

When I booked, Flex Premium allowed you to change your flight to another on the same route with the price difference in fare being included. However, they seem to have changed the deal with this in the last few weeks and you now have to pay the fare difference. Has anyone had similar issues? 

Booked them for our return flight but not Flex Premium.

They fly direct to Jersey on summer Saturdays from Dusseldorf, 1 hour 20 minute flight, leaves at 1300 and back in Jersey for 1320 as we get our hour back.

So back home in plenty time to go to pub for our Play Off game later that day. 😄

21 hours ago, Dhowie5 said:

Did anyone else book their flights to Germany through Eurowings and pay a bit extra for Flex Premium? 

When I booked, Flex Premium allowed you to change your flight to another on the same route with the price difference in fare being included. However, they seem to have changed the deal with this in the last few weeks and you now have to pay the fare difference. Has anyone had similar issues? 

I think you always had to pay the fare difference but there is no change fee for the first change iirc. 

1 hour ago, bdgsct said:

I think you always had to pay the fare difference but there is no change fee for the first change iirc. 

Surely you would always have had to pay the fare difference, otherwise you would simply just have booked the cheapest fare for another flight/day than the one you actually wanted to travel and then swopped this to a more expensive fare day/flight for free. That would be a no brainer for the airline to allow that.

1 hour ago, macwomble said:

Surely you would always have had to pay the fare difference, otherwise you would simply just have booked the cheapest fare for another flight/day than the one you actually wanted to travel and then swopped this to a more expensive fare day/flight for free. That would be a no brainer for the airline to allow that.

Yes, a bit of a loophole but it’s definitely what they offered under Flex Premium originally. I got my flight home on the 24th amended by them back in January. 

I’ve written to them today to try and sort it out. Perhaps they’ve cottoned on to people exploiting it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 10:57 PM, JimmyG787 said:

Yes and it still says this on their website

image.thumb.png.b3d4e894b8428ffe60b868bd9e2dcfdb.png

The wording isn't your friend here. Change flights free of charge means there's not a charge for changing flights. It doesn't mean the flights are the same price. 

You might not like that wording, and their interpretation of it, but they'll win the argument.