Croatia Away - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia Away

slasher

Looking at this trip just now.
Has anyone any experience of Lauda Europe who now seem to be flying out of Stansted direct to Zagreb? Never heard of them in ma puff 🤷🏼‍♂️
If anyone has spotted a better route feel free to share. 

Edited by slasher

Its basically a sub-company of Ryanair, who purchased all their planes when the original company went bust in 2020, then Ryanair started up a new company and "leased" the planes back to them.

I think they basically operate Ryanair's Package Holidays side of things, rather than the city routes.

10 minutes ago, stocky said:

We are flying to Ljubljana and hiring a car.

Flights from Edinburgh. .👍👍

Via Zurich? I got a really good deal with Edelweiss Air (basically Swiss Airlines) coming back from Ljubljana (I am out to Dubrovnik with Jet2 from Edinburgh)

Not having much joy atm, it’s a bit pricey. Best I can find is via Germany with Eurowings. I think I’ll wait a bit, I really don’t like hanging about for days on end after the game and that seems to be bumping up the price ☹️

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Not having much joy atm, it’s a bit pricey. Best I can find is via Germany with Eurowings. I think I’ll wait a bit, I really don’t like hanging about for days on end after the game and that seems to be bumping up the price ☹️

Easyjet look like they have pulled out of Zagreb and Ljubljana, which is a shame as it was good for that route via Gatwick in the past.

Maybe try Budapest?

Budapest to Zagreb takes something like 4.5 hours by bus or 6 hours by train..... I would be more inclined to take the bus, as Hungary when you travel in the south west of the country, once you get past Lake Balaton, the journey is VERY dull and feels like you are going at snail pace, with the journey feeling like its taking twice as long as it should do.

Thanks Wanderer. 
I think you are correct about EasyJet, I’m sure that’s the route we took last time and it was all pretty straightforward.

I’m looking at taking Mrs Slasher this time so I doubt she’ll be too keen on 4/6 hour bus/train journeys. I’m considering a couple of packages on Kayak via Germany at the moment but I’ll wait until all Ryanair’s schedules are all out,  should be within the next week or two 👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Thanks Wanderer. 
I think you are correct about EasyJet, I’m sure that’s the route we took last time and it was all pretty straightforward.

I’m looking at taking Mrs Slasher this time so I doubt she’ll be too keen on 4/6 hour bus/train journeys. I’m considering a couple of packages on Kayak via Germany at the moment but I’ll wait until all Ryanair’s schedules are all out,  should be within the next week or two 👍

Ryanair time table for October is already up (its only Poland they are not up for at the moment)

6 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Ryanair time table for October is already up (its only Poland they are not up for at the moment)

Oh dear, I thought there was a bit more to come 🤔

Are you taking an internal flight down from Dubrovnik?

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Oh dear, I thought there was a bit more to come 🤔

Are you taking an internal flight down from Dubrovnik?

October is the very end of the tourist season, and looks like Manchester and Stansted are the two main options for a direct flight to Zagreb, but only 2 per week.

Aye, Croatian Airlines, loads throughout the day, and can get it for as cheap as £35 if flexible with your time, but mostly around the £50 mark one way

Edited by wanderer

57 minutes ago, wanderer said:

October is the very end of the tourist season, and looks like Manchester and Stansted are the two main options for a direct flight to Zagreb, but only 2 per week.

Aye, Croatian Airlines, loads throughout the day, and can get it for as cheap as £35 if flexible with your time, but mostly around the £50 mark one way

Mrs Slasher might be enthusiastic about a wee night or two in Dubrovnik, I’ll have to look at return options. I really need to come back on the 13th 🤔

On 3/28/2024 at 9:52 AM, stocky said:

No direct...edi - Ljubljana...✈️

I was Havering,

Apologies.

it's edi - f/furt- Lljub

Lufthansa 

Edited by stocky

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Dangerous said:

So has this been confirmed as Zagreb, I've seen some mention it was but as far as I can see it's not confirmed on SFA or Croatia FC websites?

Croatian FA officially confirmed it weeks ago (was up on their official social media accounts)