Freeports - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Think more people should take an interest in these

I dont think the SG had any option but to accept the offer of the two free ports when there were going to be so many throughout the uk, i have seen folk get all hot and bothered at the SG and personally i think they had no choice, well they did but that would mean losing business to the RUK,, it will be good for population retention in the north IMO

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I dont think the SG had any option but to accept the offer of the two free ports when there were going to be so many throughout the uk, i have seen folk get all hot and bothered at the SG and personally i think they had no choice, well they did but that would mean losing business to the RUK,, it will be good for population retention in the north IMO

Can forget about being part of the EU again and look forward to fracking

35 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Can forget about being part of the EU again and look forward to fracking

The eu does not bother me in the slightest and as time goes on, it is becoming irrelevant to most,, fracking in this country will not be very viable either,, especially in those zones

IMHO the SNP (if they can tear themselves away from all the unpopular legislation they seem to be prioritising) should modify their EU policy to allow EFTA (or whatever it's called now) membership as a stepping stome to neutralise the "Scotland will never be allowed to join the EU" rhetoric from yoons.  EU member ship in any case should be subject to a post-indy referendum or election where parties make it clear whether they will apply for EU membership.  The fewer conditions put on indy, the better, so that everyone who wants indy can vote for it without ruling it out because they might not want EU membership or some other diktat that is appended to the indy offering.  Sadly, indy doesn't seem to be a priority for the SNP at the moment.

As for freeports, presumably if they are a bad thing or an obstruction to membership of the EU, they could be abolished after indy, but any decision should be for the people of Scotland, not a cabal of bullies at Westminster who have a financial interest in them.