The Broch - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Broch

Andy C

On 3/11/2024 at 10:37 AM, Andy C said:

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent hotel in and around?  The Saltoun looks ok, and close to the event I am travelling for, but any suggestions would be welcome.

The Saltoun or the stag and thistle, they are close together

On 3/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, vanderark14 said:

The Saltoun or the stag and thistle, they are close together

Many thanks, went for the Saltoun in the end.  Nice enough, and right opposite the kirk, the venue for the sad occasion I was home for.

Shame I had ample time to reach Dundee afterwards, and take in that abomination of a performance!

6 hours ago, Andy C said:

Many thanks, went for the Saltoun in the end.  Nice enough, and right opposite the kirk, the venue for the sad occasion I was home for.

Shame I had ample time to reach Dundee afterwards, and take in that abomination of a performance!

I'll be visiting home when.we play Ross County. I haven't been to Pittodrie for 7 years. I'm not sure I want to go to the relegation 6 pointer 😅 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 6:14 AM, vanderark14 said:

I'll be visiting home when.we play Ross County. I haven't been to Pittodrie for 7 years. I'm not sure I want to go to the relegation 6 pointer 😅 

Still in 2 minds whether to go to this, 7 hours before I'd need to be setting off!  Massive game, which is embarrassing enough, but I don't want to give Cormack another penny until he sorts out his Clown Show.  The other week I brought back enough rowies to last until I go to the Euros, so nae issue there.

Enjoy the game min!

On 3/29/2024 at 11:46 PM, Andy C said:

Still in 2 minds whether to go to this, 7 hours before I'd need to be setting off!  Massive game, which is embarrassing enough, but I don't want to give Cormack another penny until he sorts out his Clown Show.  The other week I brought back enough rowies to last until I go to the Euros, so nae issue there.

Enjoy the game min!

I didn't get to the game, I had to make do with watching it online 😞

We didn't even get to the BRoch, got as far as 20 miles from home and the bloody car broke down