Scotland and NI fans and pubs - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland and NI fans and pubs

I'm going to the game with my mates as usual but both of my brothers in law are coming over from Northern Ireland. We usually go to the Granary in Shawlands before games but does anyone have any ideas where Scotland and NI fans can go? I just know some bouncers etc can be edgy about mixing fans 

On 3/7/2024 at 12:46 PM, Rawlinho said:

I'm going to the game with my mates as usual but both of my brothers in law are coming over from Northern Ireland. We usually go to the Granary in Shawlands before games but does anyone have any ideas where Scotland and NI fans can go? I just know some bouncers etc can be edgy about mixing fans 

I do agree it's an awkward one for a number of reasons.

If I use the recent England game as an example I was in MacSorley's on Union Street which was at least 50/50 split if not slightly more English all dressed in Stone Island but there was absolutely no bother at all.

Less popular suggestion might be Oswalds, but I imagine that's far more edgy given it's an actual Rangers pub 🤣

12 hours ago, Rawlinho said:

Haha aye Oswalds will be given a swerve! It's so staunch they apparently serve Carling over Tennents! I'll try Granary and if we all go in together they'll hopefully be sound about it

If you have a regular place that you've been before with a mix then that's probably the safest shout

17 hours ago, Rawlinho said:

Haha aye Oswalds will be given a swerve! It's so staunch they apparently serve Carling over Tennents! I'll try Granary and if we all go in together they'll hopefully be sound about it

You'll get in the Granary no issues. 

I'll be in Sweeneys and there will be zero issues with away fans getting in there.

With The Granary there's also other options nearby in case there are any issues.

The James Tassie, Georgic, Linen 1906 and Sweeney's on the Park are all on the same road and pretty sound Plan Bs before games at Hampden.

Would recommend getting there before 5pm though if you can, particularly if the match is a sell-out.

• 2 weeks later...