Euros 3-match trip - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euros 3-match trip

wonkysheep

Euro 2024: 3-match trip

There is still some availability for this trip:

- Return flights from Glasgow - outbound to Munich, inbound from Stuttgart
- 11 nights in budget-to-3* standard accommodation with breakfast (Ibis, Ibis Budget, Hotel B&B, Motel One etc)
- 20kg checked in luggage and 6kg hand luggage allowance

- Price per person based on 2 sharing from £1,595

To book, visit the website after reading the information below.

Important booking information
Every travelling supporter who books with us needs to create an account in advance on the Wonky Sheep website where you fill out all of your details including passport.
It won't take long and once you've done that, you'll get your Wonky ID. Then you can link your friends to your account so when it comes to booking, you can book everyone together.
If you want to be on the same flights or same hotel, the only way we can guarantee this is if you book together, not separately.

4 of us booked on this trip and as others try to piece together an itinery for 11 nights I can see that it actually makes very good sense financially in addition to the no hassle factor.  Glasgow return flights from the venues is brilliant.  Only been once with Wonky Sheep (Moldova) but my experience has been excellent so far.  Really missed Passport Travel when they shut down and it is good to have this type of option available.

About 12 of us booked on this and cracking price for what it is. Nowhere would you get this if putting this trip together yourself and wonky staff were brilliant in Georgia. We are fed up of multiple flights, cancelled or late flights etc so this was a no brainier. Hopefully a full flight of Scotland fans again, will make this a fantastic trip 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Understand this meets some peoples needs and I am all for the convenience aspect of it but I am going to go against the grain slightly and say I don’t think this is a great price. 

I’m 11 nights and similar accommodation levels - added in 4 trains and 3 match tickets and still around £600 less.

Edin - Stuttgart - plane 

(1 night Stuttgart) 

(train to Munich)

1 night Munich 

(train to Frankfurt) 

4 nights Frankfurt 

(train to cologne) 

4 nights cologne 

(Train to Stuttgart) 

1 night Stuttgart

Stuttgart to Edinburgh (plane)

+ 3 match tickets - £910.

30 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Understand this meets some peoples needs and I am all for the convenience aspect of it but I am going to go against the grain slightly and say I don’t think this is a great price. 

I’m 11 nights and similar accommodation levels - added in 4 trains and 3 match tickets and still around £600 less.

Edin - Stuttgart - plane 

(1 night Stuttgart) 

(train to Munich)

1 night Munich 

(train to Frankfurt) 

4 nights Frankfurt 

(train to cologne) 

4 nights cologne 

(Train to Stuttgart) 

1 night Stuttgart

Yes. I made the same point in an earlier post. 14 nights in Germany. 4 in Munich, 4 in Cologne and 4 in Stuttgart plus train from Munich to Cologne and from Cologne to Stuttgart plus 3 match tickets. All for roughly £850 - £900.Obviously not direct flights from Glasgow but sort of used to getting to a venue usually via London. I understand some people like the direct flights from Scotland option. If you have the money then good luck to you. Certainly not the most expensive charter company but also certainly not cheap. Suppose cheap is relative to your budget. As long as we all get there it doesn't matter how. 👍😄

Just now, thesaint said:

Yes. I made the same point in an earlier post. 14 nights in Germany. 4 in Munich, 4 in Cologne and 4 in Stuttgart plus train from Munich to Cologne and from Cologne to Stuttgart plus 3 match tickets. All for roughly £850 - £900.Obviously not direct flights from Glasgow but sort of used to getting to a venue usually via London. I understand some people like the direct flights from Scotland option. If you have the money then good luck to you. Certainly not the most expensive charter company but also certainly not cheap. Suppose cheap is relative to your budget. As long as we all get there it doesn't matter how. 👍😄

That should be 12 nights. 

I looked at this and thought not too bad. We are going for 12 nights and paying around £1000 but not staying in Stuttgart or Cologne. We are also flying to Vienna. If we got direct flights to Munich and different hotels then it would be another £300 to £500. 

Saving the money allows us to go to Amsterdam and a few £ in the beer kitty.

Wonder if Wonkey sheep have pre booked  the hotels they refer to in their offer?

Would explain high cost of trying to book these independently.

Not entirely comfortable with travel companies doing this and pushing up accomodation costs for travellers making their own arrangement.

As i said in another thread the two week trip with Euroscot in 1998 was £500

That was having a double decker bus with us the whole 2 weeks and staying in motels/travel lodges outside Paris, Bordeaux and St Etienne - no flights

No tickets were provided

£500 in 1998 would be roughly £1000 in today's money

If there are a few of you travelling together it makes sense to book an organised tour like this which would be hassle free in the main

If it's only a couple or so of you going together then you can fanny around the internet looking for the cheapest routes and accommodation and do all the booking yourself and be the designated organiser (which can be a pain in the arse if there are a few of you)

Swings and roundabouts

On 1/19/2024 at 3:11 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Edin - Stuttgart - plane 

(1 night Stuttgart) 

(train to Munich)

1 night Munich 

(train to Frankfurt) 

4 nights Frankfurt 

(train to cologne) 

4 nights cologne 

(Train to Stuttgart) 

1 night Stuttgart

This is why you’re getting the duration of your stay cheaper as it’s a different itinerary. No way were host cities possible for us with direct flights so this was a great price. We wanted host cities for our stay either side of the games too so it has suited about 12 of us who hadn’t booked anything before or in the few weeks after the draw. The main thing is we are all going to have a great summer and trains, planes and automobiles will get us there 👍🏻 

12 hours ago, Scotschic said:

This is why you’re getting the duration of your stay cheaper as it’s a different itinerary. No way were host cities possible for us with direct flights so this was a great price. We wanted host cities for our stay either side of the games too so it has suited about 12 of us who hadn’t booked anything before or in the few weeks after the draw. The main thing is we are all going to have a great summer and trains, planes and automobiles will get us there 👍🏻 

The trip we arranged is basically the same intinerary as the wonky sheep. 4 nights in each host city. Only real difference is the direct flights from Scotland. We are flying to Munich via london and home from Stuttgart to glasgow via Amsterdam. Compared to some of the journeys in the past that is fairly painless. Saving about £700 for the sake of a couple of connecting flights seems well worth it. However i realise some people really want direct flights and have the dosh to spare. No problem. 👍

With a couple of tweaks ( fly from Manchester, stay a train ride outside the city centres ) the cost can easily be halved. Fine if complete convenience / laziness is your thing, but it's a trip with your pals to see Scotland playing in a tournament, not a city break with your granny.

Edited by one t in scotland

2 hours ago, one t in scotland said:

With a couple of tweaks ( fly from Manchester, stay a train ride outside the city centres ) the cost can easily be halved. Fine if complete convenience / laziness is your thing, but it's a trip with your pals to see Scotland playing in a tournament, not a city break with your granny.

Not a problem if you don't like making the effort and have the cash but i sort of agree with you to be honest. All part of the adventure as far as i'm concerned. Then again i'm old school Scotland fan. 1990 world cup in Italy on a bus(no toilet) from Glasgow to Rimini as a base. Then 4 hours to Genoa to arrive 30 minutes before kick off then straight back on bus after game for another 4 hours back to Rimini. Ah.. those were the days. 😅😎😅