Munich Fanzone for TartanArmy - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Munich Fanzone for TartanArmy

Garyayton

14 hours ago, Garyayton said:

Does anyone have any ideas on a place scotland fans will gather in munich? We're heading to olympiapark fanzone but surely that'll be full of germans???

Same as said in the Cologne game post, those Fan zones will to my opinion not be so much fun. They are mostly outside the city centre action. Also I am pretty sure there will be security checks by stewards and you cannot bring own drinks. I would recommend to go to the big brauhauses in Munich and most action will happen in the area between Karlsplatz and Marienplatz. The closer to Marienplatz the better as trains to stadium go from there.

3 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Same as said in the Cologne game post, those Fan zones will to my opinion not be so much fun. They are mostly outside the city centre action. Also I am pretty sure there will be security checks by stewards and you cannot bring own drinks. I would recommend to go to the big brauhauses in Munich and most action will happen in the area between Karlsplatz and Marienplatz. The closer to Marienplatz the better as trains to stadium go from there.

Will we need tickets to get in to the Olympic stadium one? If so, where do we get them from? Not going for a bevy so don't care about that part, but would be nice to visit it from a historical point of view

1 hour ago, HelloJock said:

Will we need tickets to get in to the Olympic stadium one? If so, where do we get them from? Not going for a bevy so don't care about that part, but would be nice to visit it from a historical point of view

Good question, do not know that up to now. I guess to control amount of people for fanzone they will issue wristbands or tickets but I guess for free. We'll probably find out nearer to the action...

2 hours ago, HelloJock said:

would be nice to visit it from a historical point of view

The Olimpiastadion?

One of my favourite stadiums, ever.

Back in 2000 (en route to the SanMarino / Croatia double header) I saw Bayern lose to Hansa Rostock. It may have been Rostock's only away victory that season.

2 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

The Olimpiastadion?

Back in 2000 (en route to the SanMarino / Croatia double header) I saw Bayern lose to Hansa Rostock. It may have been Rostock's only away victory that season.

Nice one. It has hosted 3 European cup finals and the world cup final as well of course. I really can't wait for this trip

29 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

Nice one. It has hosted 3 European cup finals and the world cup final as well of course. I really can't wait for this trip

Visit the Olimpiastadion...

https://www.olympiapark.de/de/Attraktionen und Gastronomie/Sightseeing/Besichtigung Olympiastadion

P.S. don't forget a visit to 1860 Munchen too. They play at the Grunwalder Stadion.

4 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

The Olimpiastadion?

We flew to Munich for that trip, too, & visited the stadium & the "Olympic sized swimming pool"(where Mark Spitz won his medals).

The train trip over & under the Alps down to Italy was amazing 👍

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I won’t be going to any fan zones. Not on our match days anyway. 

If you have the time, you should visit the Olimpiastadion. It's quite something, but I haven't been there for 23 years. In my experience, I would put it in my top three... San Siro, Allianz Munich and Olimpiastadion Munich.

Berlin Olimpiastadion might scrape in, but only maybe.

Nou Camp? No chance.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:28 PM, Rich NATA said:

If you have the time, you should visit the Olimpiastadion. It's quite something, but I haven't been there for 23 years. In my experience, I would put it in my top three... San Siro, Allianz Munich and Olimpiastadion Munich.

Berlin Olimpiastadion might scrape in, but only maybe.

Nou Camp? No chance.

Walters Smiths debut at the San Siro was amazing we out sang the tallies and Buffon came out and said he wished the home fans were as passionate as us.

• 3 weeks later...