Policia - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Policia

GroundsKeeper

Overhanded, hit first and ask questions later.

Totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

This was my third tartan army / scotland game in Spain. The previous 2 Valencia ( Laventi ground) and Alicante there were no issues.

But for this game we were a threat to winning the group hence the games form the Spanish police.

Then the disallowed goal, Spain won and the police left us alone. 🤢

I never witnessed any problems whatsoever, but I was told (by a good guy I've known for a long time) about what happened at Gate 12 at the stadium, 15 minutes before kick-off.

I must've missed it by just a minute or two because I walked past 12 to get to 14 around that time.

Story I heard was that unprovoked, the Polis arrived; kicked down the barriers and closed the turnstiles for no good reason whatsoever; keeping the fans outside for another 30+ minutes.

More bother inside too; when they were finally let in. 

Edited by Rich NATA

On 10/23/2023 at 5:37 PM, Rich NATA said:

I never witnessed any problems whatsoever, but I was told (by a good guy I've known for a long time) about what happened at Gate 12 at the stadium, 15 minutes before kick-off.

I must've missed it by just a minute or two because I walked past 12 to get to 14 around that time.

Story I heard was that unprovoked, the Polis arrived; kicked down the barriers and closed the turnstiles for no good reason whatsoever; keeping the fans outside for another 30+ minutes.

More bother inside too; when they were finally let in. 

I was at the Gate and have a video. Missed videoing the start of the fracas as there was absolutely no provocation whatsoever so was not prepared for anything . If anything the small crowd were particularly calm given the game had started and still no sign if getting in. Singing the national anthem and upbeat. 

I started recording it after  the police swooped in and dragged 2 guys out of the crowd, the barrier’s actually collapsed with their force . The guys  had done absolutely nothing, god knows why they picked on them. A Spanish official then pulled me away from it probably because i was a woman, and I started recording it. They had one guy face down on the ground with his arms behind his back and the other up against a wall . My husband was standing just outside the barriers by then as they has collapsed,  2 police then dived in and battered him with a baton !
Another official saw me recording it all and moved over and pushed my hand away to stop me recording it. I have that recorded too.  I hit the play button in such a rush I hit slo mo, but its quite helpful as it shows things clearly, and can be adapted to normal speed. 
I could not believe what was going on from absolutely nothing . 
I have passed everything ( including a picture of my husband’s back) to the SFA which I have to say were useless on the night , apart from one guy.

Apparently the Spanish had this as a high risk game. Seems to me  the risk was from the very people who we’re supposed to be protecting others. 

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was at the Gate and have a video. Missed videoing the start of the fracas as there was absolutely no provocation whatsoever so was not prepared for anything . If anything the small crowd were particularly calm given the game had started and still no sign if getting in. Singing the national anthem and upbeat. 

I started recording it after  the police swooped in and dragged 2 guys out of the crowd, the barrier’s actually collapsed with their force . The guys  had done absolutely nothing, god knows why they picked on them. A Spanish official then pulled me away from it probably because i was a woman, and I started recording it. They had one guy face down on the ground with his arms behind his back and the other up against a wall . My husband was standing just outside the barriers by then as they has collapsed,  2 police then dived in and battered him with a baton !
Another official saw me recording it all and moved over and pushed my hand away to stop me recording it. I have that recorded too.  I hit the play button in such a rush I hit slo mo, but its quite helpful as it shows things clearly, and can be adapted to normal speed. 
I could not believe what was going on from absolutely nothing . 
I have passed everything ( including a picture of my husband’s back) to the SFA which I have to say were useless on the night , apart from one guy.

Apparently the Spanish had this as a high risk game. Seems to me  the risk was from the very people who we’re supposed to be protecting others. 

Tyder 63, so sorry to hear of this.

The game was Category 3 ( in my opinion) because the Spanish were willing to do anything to get three points on the feild of play. We were competing with them to qualify as group winner so they used their police force to create an intimidating and hostile atmosphere.

As soon as they got their 3 points ( by disallowing the McTominay goal) the police left us alone.

Awful event described by you and I am so enraged about how their police force acted towards us.

1 hour ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Tyder 63, so sorry to hear of this.

The game was Category 3 ( in my opinion) because the Spanish were willing to do anything to get three points on the feild of play. We were competing with them to qualify as group winner so they used their police force to create an intimidating and hostile atmosphere.

As soon as they got their 3 points ( by disallowing the McTominay goal) the police left us alone.

Awful event described by you and I am so enraged about how their police force acted towards us.

Thanks.

Bugger all will happen I know , the SFA have admitted they have no authority to intervene in these matters , but someone has to call the Seville police out , its just not acceptable .

Guys probably just shrug their shoulders and put it down to a bad experience if something like this happens , my husband would never have contacted the SFA once home even though he was raging at the Spanish police on the night. But I reported it as one day they might take things too far. 

In the past, when I have read about police heavy handedness with football fans I have tended to think there must be an element of provocation. I now know different. 

A serving MET police officer who's in the tartan army is also writing a complaint report.

The issue that he described to me is that in the UK the police wear identity numbers so they are responsible for their conduct.

I don't think that system works in Spain unfortunately.

If i hear any positive feedback I will update you on here but as you say it's unlikely.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:06 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

A serving MET police officer who's in the tartan army is also writing a complaint report.

The issue that he described to me is that in the UK the police wear identity numbers so they are responsible for their conduct.

I don't think that system works in Spain unfortunately.

If i hear any positive feedback I will update you on here but as you say it's unlikely.

Thanks.

The more people who complain the more chance there is of something being done. A police officer will add more weight. A Tartan Army group have also written to the SFA about the situation.