Mum and Dad.... What do we do..🌹♥️ - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mum and Dad.... What do we do..🌹♥️

So.... Ma wee mum had a bad fall month ago, cracked her skull, bleeding in the brain..... She is slowly on the mend,I have been at hospital nearly every day since it happened. I am very close to ma mum. Ma Da died when I was 17, Da was 44, angina, heart attack....ma wee Mum is my life, I love her to bits, she is 80. I have 2 brothers, we are very close, and we realize now tha our wee  Mum needs to be in a home with care 24 hours day. Thing is, my wee Mum does not want to go into a home, she is set in her ways, and me and ma 2 brothers feel guilty doing this. It's for the best, breaks our heart, but our wee Mum needs to let go of her independence and enjoy the last year's of her life.. We have to do what is best for her.. My wife and I have been cleaning out her flat, and it's hard......

Anyone else having to do this?? Maw, Da, Granda, Gran, it's never easy...