Mason Greenwood - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mason Greenwood

10 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I can't see how any club will touch him without an explanation from him about his actions.

In a statement, Greenwood accepted he had "made mistakes" and took his "share of responsibility", but added: "I did not do the things I was accused of."

He said: "Today's decision has been part of a collaborative process between Manchester United, my family and me. The best decision for us all is for me to continue my football career away from Old Trafford, where my presence will not be a distraction for the club. I thank the club for their support since I joined aged seven. There will always be a part of me which is United.

"I am enormously grateful to my family and all my loved ones for their support, and it is now for me to repay the trust those around me have shown. I intend to be a better footballer, but most importantly a good father, a better person, and to use my talents in a positive way on and off the pitch."

I don't think greenwood has a hope in hell of picking up a new club in England or anywhere else. Perhaps theres a slim chance of a saudi club coming in, the backlash would be too big if a club in England took a chance on him.

• 2 weeks later...