Tickets- home end - Cyprus v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets- home end

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted Facebook, Davy Busses I think. You need to register for a fan card and they have no problem with away fans in the home end. I just hope the SFA get as many gor the travelling fans as needed.

Last time the CFA gave me 500 tickets to sell as SFA only requested 2200. The away end split in 2 pens holds 4400. This time they have said they have no problems with segregation of Scotland fans and that you can register for a Cyprus Fan Card and buy a ticket online from 20 days before the match. I would hold off on fan card now as they expire 31st July and I will get a step by step instruction from the CFA on how to apply using your passports etc. Best to contact me via the Davy Buses page if any queries.

https://www.facebook.com/davy.buses

10 hours ago, Prov1 said:

Last time the CFA gave me 500 tickets to sell as SFA only requested 2200. The away end split in 2 pens holds 4400. This time they have said they have no problems with segregation of Scotland fans and that you can register for a Cyprus Fan Card and buy a ticket online from 20 days before the match. I would hold off on fan card now as they expire 31st July and I will get a step by step instruction from the CFA on how to apply using your passports etc. Best to contact me via the Davy Buses page if any queries.

Perfect Davy, thanks again for all your efforts 

15 hours ago, Prov1 said:

Legendary! Is it possible to keep this page updated? I don't have Facebook so can't see your Posts there.

On the Fan Card, I was messing about with it just there and as it stands currently, you would need a Cypriot Post Code to complete the Application.

And if you do get Tickets to sell. I will take 3! Not followed Scotland Away for Years so doubt I will have enough Points. Away Game is a present for my Boy for doing well in his Highers last Year!

Great Work!

6 hours ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Legendary! Is it possible to keep this page updated? I don't have Facebook so can't see your Posts there.

On the Fan Card, I was messing about with it just there and as it stands currently, you would need a Cypriot Post Code to complete the Application.

And if you do get Tickets to sell. I will take 3! Not followed Scotland Away for Years so doubt I will have enough Points. Away Game is a present for my Boy for doing well in his Highers last Year!

Great Work!

Craig, if you enter the address and postcode of your Cypriot accommodation/hotel then it will accept it. I will contact the head of ticketing again next month and get an idiots guide for us to make sure everyone can register before the match.

I also did it as a non-Cypriot ID holder to see if it worked (I have Cypriot ID)

Address - use Cypriot accommodation address

ID number - entered passport number

iD front pic - passport picture

ID rear pic - used driving licence

it will then give you a reference number you use to log back in to webpage and download your fan card to your phone. 

Like I said, wait now until 1st August as current cards expire 31st July.

Without a fan card to match name printed on ticket you will not get entry as Cyprus has a big problem still with fan violence but if we find a problem with acquiring it I will ask the CFA for another solution.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2023 at 9:48 PM, Prov1 said:

Alright?

I live in Cyprus too, got tickets and bus with you last time from Makenzy up to Nicosia. Cheers for that. 👍

So just checked my CSO card on the app. Expired 4 days ago.
Last year when it expired, it automatically updated to the next year, so possible it will do so again on Aug 1st?

Nae been involved in any hooliganism of late, so should be fine... 😆

On 6/12/2023 at 7:48 PM, Prov1 said:

Craig, if you enter the address and postcode of your Cypriot accommodation/hotel then it will accept it. I will contact the head of ticketing again next month and get an idiots guide for us to make sure everyone can register before the match.

I also did it as a non-Cypriot ID holder to see if it worked (I have Cypriot ID)

it will then give you a reference number you use to log back in to webpage and download your fan card to your phone. 

Without a fan card to match name printed on ticket you will not get entry as Cyprus has a big problem still with fan violence but if we find a problem with acquiring it I will ask the CFA for another solution.

Hi Davy,

I have tied and tried with the fan card following these instructions and it keeps coming up with "wrong data"

I maybe need a total idiot guide right enough

On 7/29/2023 at 10:19 AM, hamilton wanderer said:

The increased allocation is great news but does it put in danger the ability for low pointers or non members to get in the home end?

3 of my group are not members and were planning on getting a fan card etc.

Surely higher pointers getting tickets is better than no pointers or non members getting in at their expense?

I think everyone who wants to get in will get in. Even if we have pretty much the whole stadium.

J

3 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Surely higher pointers getting tickets is better than no pointers or non members getting in at their expense?

I think everyone who wants to get in will get in. Even if we have pretty much the whole stadium.

J

Yes I agree with that and that's why I said it was "great news".  Most of my group including me now have their tickets.  My concern really is that the allocation for home fans is now just over 4000 when it was previously around 18000 minimum when my non member mates spent so much money and booked the trip safe in the knowledge that there would be absolutely no problem getting in to the game. I presume that the hugely reduced capacity coupled with the increased SFA allocation has a negative consequence for these guys in my group.

Was wondering if anyone's managed to get tickets for the home end? I've managed to sign up for a fan card but when on the online ticketing website it says there are no matches available to purchase tickets for.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:48 PM, Prov1 said:

Hey Davie

8 Pointer, no tickets, almost certainly down to harvesting. But, ty for your advice! Application made and thay are processing my application.

Will wait to see how that goes then Apply for Wife and Boy.

Totally appreciated the work you are putting into this fixture! N1

1 hour ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Hey Davie

8 Pointer, no tickets, almost certainly down to harvesting. But, ty for your advice! Application made and thay are processing my application.

Davy’s work is seriously amazing. 3 of my mates applying for fan cards

13 hours ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Hey Davie

Agree with the harvesting point. Sure plenty quite happy to pay £9 to get 2 points added to their total. 

13 hours ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Hey Davie

I honestly don't think there will be a massive amount of harvesting going on. 

It's expensive to get to but plenty folk making a holiday of it. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I honestly don't think there will be a massive amount of harvesting going on. 

It's expensive to get to but plenty folk making a holiday of it. 

Maybe but not so sure. With hopefully the euros coming up next year just feel a lot of guys will be desperate for points. Will be interesting to see if we actually fill the stands we have sold out. Hopefully everybody that has bought a ticket will go. Although i suppose guys that aren't going could sell their tickets to folk that are going without tickets. I know your passport number and name is on the ticket but would be surprised if anybody over in Cyprus will be interested in checking. 

Harvesting will be HUGE.

SFA need to stamp it out. Easy to do, if someone buys a harvested ticket and reports it. The Harvester drops back to ZERO Points. As long as it is with proof, Pic of the Ticket, Pic of the Buyer in the Stadium holding the Ticket and Proof of Travel.

When someone harvests, it's potentially 1 less supporter in the Scotland End. Plus, Harvesters get Big Game Tickets (such as Germany when they don't deserve them).

Guaranteed, we will be in Cyprus with harvested tickets widely available, while the 3 of us going will be in the HOME End. If the rule above was put in place, re-sale value would be £ZERO therefor ALOT less Harvesting.

I know harvesting is wrong but if they  did that and make people lose all their points, people would just buy the ticket and not sell it. £9 for a ticket isn't much to lose. They should be checking if the ticket gets scanned and used, if it doesn't then they lose the points, if it happens again they lose all their points or kicked out. Do the same for the home games. If that works and people are then selling tickets then get the people who bought them to report and do the same again. Also never allow 1 member of the group to pick up tickets, make each individual get there own. This is another way of harvesting that is easy to stop.

A note on harvesting too. 

I think k the majority if any would be from the 9/10 point bracket that it dropped down to. On forums and Facebook the bench mark for a possible Germany ticket has been 12 so they will be thinking they have to reach that and chance it.

It hasn't helped with social media people telling people they won't check passports against tickets so then this gives potential harvesters hope that actually can sell ticket on with no risk at £9 a go and get closer to eligibility for a potential euros ticket.

Don't get me wrong I'm not just targeting lower pointers as there's an element in high pointers who want to keep maximum points to show they ate maximum points even though they would be OK for a ticket. Just takes it away from the likes of guys on lower points on here etc that actually want to attend.

The bottom line is it needs to be moved to full pick up at games now and tough sanctions if caught.

Edited by From_Dundee_to_Ancoats

Agree, maybe a full pick up for smaller allocations ie assume Georgia allocation won't be huge, but lets say we hopefully get 5000 tickets for Seville, that is a bit more of an undertaking. The reality is we all know harvesting is nothing new, but what has or is going to change? It's been the same situation for years and these conversations come up frequently. I can say with a clear conscience that I have never purchased an away ticket with no intentions of travelling/attending and I would hope the majority of fans are the same. I definitely have sympathy for the fans who will miss out as a result of this if that is the case as I've been in the home end several times myself with no points to show for it. Fortunately I had 12 points and secured a ticket for this trip and only booked up when the allocation was confirmed. I would have loved to have went to Norway but would have been a big outlay to shell out with no points to show for it, not suggesting harvesting so much for that game, I just didn't have enough points. It was a great result all the same.

Just completed successfully the Cypriot Fan Card application process and I can now apply for a home end ticket, when they become available.

Where do I find my Cypriot Fan Card either online or physically? I believe I need one to match my ID with a match ticket ... right now I have nothing.