Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 39 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was the vibe not there for Germany? 4 or 5 thousand went I believe

3500 i would have thought and yes the vibe was there, but if we had been given 10% for Glasgow and we agreed to give you lads the same for June then this fiasco wouldnt have happened,

Absolutely nonsensical from SFA, why did they not give irish 10 per cent to stop home end tickets being bought? Maybe fai would not guarantee same number for return game. Still, it would have avoided current situation, which could lead to bother. Also, game should have been at ibrox or even murrayfield to take the whole 'celtic' issue out of it.

Why not just give them 5% and then not sell home end tickets to away fans ? Like normal for every other game I've attended.

Why not just give them 5% and then not sell home end tickets to away fans ? Like normal for every other game I've attended.

Thats a fair point if you accept the same arrangement for next June

But because we are buying in droves a bit late :wink2:

Edited by brianie

or like Macedonia and sell them but don't let them in. Personally I wouldn't like to be sitting amongst irish but at the same time wouldn't like to see decent fans turned away after making the effort to travel over and spend a small fortune.

Thats a fair point if you accept the same arrangement for next June

But because we are buying in droves a bit late :wink2:

I have zero problem with you guys, but its a vital game so the SFA shouldn't take the piss just to make some easy cash.

I've been in home end in Iceland and Norway but if I'd been refused then I'd have accepted that as those are he rules.

If, and its a huge if,there is any trouble its the SFA who'd be in big trouble. They have few fans here.

do any of you want to swap 7 Lisbon lion Tickets for 7 other tickets

I have 7 tickets. I would be interested in swapping. I have 5 together in block 437 and 2 together in block 438 - both of those blocks are in the Jock Stein Upper.

However I would need to get the nod from the other lads before I can agree.

What section in the LL are the tickets?

Edited by ColemanY2K

Stars are alligning for the irish inside celtic park...potential big support,spiritual home etc.that's got the give them an extra yard when they take the field.game on..

Stars are alligning for the irish inside celtic park...potential big support,spiritual home etc.that's got the give them an extra yard when they take the field.game on..

it ain't no spiritual home of mine or any of my mates. Most of the irish fans in the stadium won't be Celtic fans.

We will be spread throughout the stadium and the advantage of our large numbers will be nullified as a result.

But in terms of what it stand for and the ticket allocation it surely gives the irish players walking out a boost.it is an away game after all.that wouldn't have the same effect at hampden,murrayfield or ibrox...

This isnt any other game though, plus, the likes of Belgium got much more than 5 per cent. Why did the sfa not come to an agreement that both fa's would give more to their respective away supports as they have in past.

Sfa need to come out with a statement to clarify situation.

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

But in terms of what it stand for and the ticket allocation it surely gives the irish players walking out a boost.it is an away game after all.that wouldn't have the same effect at hampden,murrayfield or ibrox...

it stands for nothing more than Celtics home ground. Only the fans who support Celtic and are in the ground will it have any meaning. Personally I wished it had been arranged for ibrox or Murrayfield as that would have persuaded many of the bandwagon not to make the trip.

Also it'll have zero affect on the players. Only a couple have played there and like many of the fans couldn't give two hoots where its played.

They fly your flag. What other ground does that?

It has already been explained earlier in this thread that the number of Celtic fans are in the minority in Ireland and that is particularly the case in the 'Republic'. The vast majority who attend Celtic Park on a fortnightly basis would be residents of Scotland. A number do travel over from Ireland however they are very much a small % of the overall number who support Ireland. The fact it will be played at Celtic Park is the only reason why a lot of these Celtic following bandwagoners are going to the game. I like many others are LOI or in a lot of cases supporters of English Premier League clubs. It could be played at Raith Rovers ground for all we care*

*as long as we got a ticket :)

Edited by ColemanY2K