Tout Sites - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tout Sites

GaryWood34

Have you used them?

Would you ever use them?

Honest experiences? Not based on hear say?

I used Viagogo once and it was a nightmare but I did get in.

As it stands I have one match sewn up but I don’t have any means to get in to the other two and I really don’t fancy missing out.

I am considering it. Not saying I will but definitely considering it.

I am willing to pay pretty daft amounts to go - only live once.

Welcome replies here or messages if you can help. 

I’ve used them once. Scammed. Lost all money. Never again. Used an online agency for World Cup Final tickets, Brazil 2014. Ended up front page news. Completely naive I admit. Had to take it on the chin. Still went over to Rio though and had an epic four days and watched the final in a bar near the Maracana 👍🏼

B14663BF-22B8-4E4D-BA4D-BD8AD3A7FBFA.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

No time for people who use their kids for stuff like this. 

I know what you mean, I said the same thing at the time. Desperate measures though and it was a last resort. Didn’t work anyway. 

25 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’ve used them once. Scammed. Lost all money. Never again. Used an online agency for World Cup Final tickets, Brazil 2014. Ended up front page news. Completely naive I admit. Had to take it on the chin. Still went over to Rio though and had an epic four days and watched the final in a bar near the Maracana 👍🏼

B14663BF-22B8-4E4D-BA4D-BD8AD3A7FBFA.jpeg

Hmm... thanks for being honest and sharing this.

That probably settles this thread in one post. 

10 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Have you used them?

Would you ever use them?

As it stands I have one match sewn up but I don’t have any means to get in to the other two and I really don’t fancy missing out.

With the limited amount of tickets available for this tournament, and UEFA seeming to be clamping down more and more on this with you having to set up an account with almost ALL your own personal info, I imagine the tout sites will either struggle to get tickets, or those they do get they will inflate their prices even more as there is less supply to the demand.

12 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Have you used them?

Would you ever use them?

Did use a tout site once for an Arsenal V Liverpool match at the Emirates. Got the tickets by post one day before ( 80 quid each )and the season ticket belonged to two people from Thailand.

Bearing in mind I am a 6 foot 2 Glaswegian and my son was 18 year old half Glaswegian I was suspecting we would be asked for ID at the gate, and after establishing I could not be the Thai gentlemen on the ticket would be asked to leave.

Got in without a problem but worried all night that it was 160 (plus booking fee)  down the drain.

I am resigned to going down this route as well I’m afraid.

The bottom line is that I currently don’t have enough points to guarantee me a Czech Republic (or Croatia) ticket, so was also looking for any help / pointers of reliable ticket agencies (if there is such a thing).

I am happy to pay well over the odds for a ticket (£300+), and would obviously prefer to pay for the next couple of Season Tickets for a fellow Scotland supporter than line the pockets of a tout – but I appreciate there’s not a chance that anyone on here would entertain the thought of sacrificing their ticket for any amount of cash!

I did eventually manage to get a Brazil v Scotland ticket in 1998, but only after a lot of grief and hassle when the ticket agency company (that I’d paid nine months earlier) failed to deliver.

I was also wondering if anyone has had any success using any of the 3rd Party Ticket Sales companies.  There are clearly a lot of dodgy ones out there, and it’s a route I’m not particularly comfortable going down – but I’d rather try and be let-down, than sit at home and miss out on my first tournament match since the CIS match in 1992.

With no physical tickets being issued, I’m not sure if names are going to be linked with ticket orders and if there will be ID checks made on entering the stadium.  But this is a risk I’m willing to take, which may end up in me spending a lot of money and not getting to see the game anyway.  But I’d rather try and then at least I know I’ve done everything that I could have to try and be there cheering the team.

• 4 weeks later...

These sites are all dodgy as ....

I don't understand how this secondary ticket market actually works, but I know from speaking to them that they don't actually own any of the tickets that they advertise.  I asked if they would immediately electronically transfer the ticket to my phone as soon as payment was made - and they said that they can't guarantee they'd do this until one day before the match.  That means they don't have the ticket, and I'm not sure where they think they'll get these tickets from.

They tried to bullsh1t me saying that this is because UEFA won't let them or some rubbish, but I explained that I already knew it only takes seconds if they actually owned the tickets (because I paid for Czech Republic and Croatia tickets like this and got the tickets minutes after making the payment).  The big difference with those two games was that I was dealing with actual real individuals, who genuinely owned the ticket and had it available for transfer.

So I'm not touching these dodgy sites with a barge-pole.  No way I'm waiting until the day before the Wembley game to find out whether they've failed to find a ticket, and basically scammed me.  Not at the prices they are charging.

So if anyone is willing to sell a non-SFA ticket (i.e from the UEFA ballot) for any amount - please pm me

I picked up 2x England tix from a tout site (StubHub) last week which were transferred into my uefa app no bother - so not all bad experience with these sites. Albeit extortionate and add on fees! 

I actually need to re-sell them now. Available at the £620 each I paid for them if anyone is interested.

I can see a couple of people were uncertain about dealing with sites so if there’s any interest, I have these tickets in app ready to go. 

Before I get any grief on cost - this is what I was willing to pay myself.