Insomnia - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 1 month later...

@slasher, was thinking of Mrs Slasher last night whilst lying in bed ( I am probably the only person on here that could say that without getting their head kicked in 😬).

I was tossing and turning for hours yet again , last nights distraction being Thomas the Tank Engine.
I had been looking at old pics of my niece and nephew earlier and Thomas was in one them and I remembered how obsessed my nephew was with the programme. He knew every episode and every train. I then started thinking of the names of the trains , goIng through the alphabet trying to remember.
Wtf is wrong with me , who the fook cares what the names are ??? 

So in a moment of solidarity I thought of Mrs S and was  wondering if the blanket had worked for her , or if she has hopefully managed to overcome the problem some other way. 

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

@slasher, was thinking of Mrs Slasher last night whilst lying in bed ( I am probably the only person on here that could say that without getting their head kicked in 😬).

I was tossing and turning for hours yet again , last nights distraction being Thomas the Tank Engine.
I had been looking at old pics of my niece and nephew earlier and Thomas was in one them and I remembered how obsessed my nephew was with the programme. He knew every episode and every train. I then started thinking of the names of the trains , goIng through the alphabet trying to remember.
Wtf is wrong with me , who the fook cares what the names are ??? 

So in a moment of solidarity I thought of Mrs S and was  wondering if the blanket had worked for her , or if she has hopefully managed to overcome the problem some other way. 

That is actually hilarious but there are so many ways I could go with this I just can't decide on one 🤔😂

The blanket was, to coin a phrase, fuckin useless! I can confirm Mrs Slasher has slept better recently due to some hardcore diet she's been on (basically eats like a fuckin sparra then crashes and burns at night). Bizarrely she seems to have transferred her insomnia to me in the meantime as I am now waking up at half 1 every fuckin morning 😳

It's life Tidy but not as we know it 🙅‍♂️

12 hours ago, slasher said:

That is actually hilarious but there are so many ways I could go with this I just can't decide on one 🤔😂

The blanket was, to coin a phrase, fuckin useless! I can confirm Mrs Slasher has slept better recently due to some hardcore diet she's been on (basically eats like a fuckin sparra then crashes and burns at night). Bizarrely she seems to have transferred her insomnia to me in the meantime as I am now waking up at half 1 every fuckin morning 😳

It's life Tidy but not as we know it 🙅‍♂️

😂

You probably canny sleep through worrying that Mrs Slasher’s new hour glass figure has folk on the TAMB thinking about her whilst lying in bed  😁

Seriously, its great she has found a way to stay asleep  . Digestion plays a big part on your body and brain and it may be her body was trying to digest food previously,  whereas now with less going in it isnt under so much pressure . Not that I am insinuating in any way that Mrs S was a grubber 😁

Mr Tidy and I got into a bad habit when our children were young by not eating till 8.30 pm when they were in bed, in order to get some peace to eat it. Between this habit, and his work rotas, we still eat late and I think that is part of my problem. Another problem for me is the fookin alphabet, one of my main distractions is not remembering things then using the alphabet to try and remember. If there was no fookin alphabet I would need to just accept defeat 😁

You may be getting distracted with ideas for another book, even if it is not obvious it may be in your subconscious. Or Mrs Slasher’s sharper elbows may be jabbing you as she dreams of that grass that needs cut and the guttering that needs cleaned whilst you are slowly morphing  into Jack Nicholson from The Shining 😁

I am sure your regular pattern will return it is probably just a build up of concern for her over the past few months 👍

On 5/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, TDYER63 said:

😂

You probably canny sleep through worrying that Mrs Slasher’s new hour glass figure has folk on the TAMB thinking about her whilst lying in bed  😁

Seriously, its great she has found a way to stay asleep  . Digestion plays a big part on your body and brain and it may be her body was trying to digest food previously,  whereas now with less going in it isnt under so much pressure . Not that I am insinuating in any way that Mrs S was a grubber 😁

Mr Tidy and I got into a bad habit when our children were young by not eating till 8.30 pm when they were in bed, in order to get some peace to eat it. Between this habit, and his work rotas, we still eat late and I think that is part of my problem. Another problem for me is the fookin alphabet, one of my main distractions is not remembering things then using the alphabet to try and remember. If there was no fookin alphabet I would need to just accept defeat 😁

You may be getting distracted with ideas for another book, even if it is not obvious it may be in your subconscious. Or Mrs Slasher’s sharper elbows may be jabbing you as she dreams of that grass that needs cut and the guttering that needs cleaned whilst you are slowly morphing  into Jack Nicholson from The Shining 😁

I am sure your regular pattern will return it is probably just a build up of concern for her over the past few months 👍

Normal service has resumed! I'm back to sleeping like a new born baby whilst Mrs Slasher lies awake into the wee small hours. 

Maybe we're just yin & yang 🙅‍♂️

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

Normal service has resumed! I'm back to sleeping like a new born baby whilst Mrs Slasher lies awake into the wee small hours. 

Maybe we're just yin & yang 🙅‍♂️

Funnily enough I was going to post another thing for you to try in case you still had problems  but I thought to myself ‘ffs Slasher will be thinking I am taking an unhealthy interest in him and Mrs Slasher’s sleeping habits’ 😁

I read the other day that if you say the word ‘the’ every 2 seconds , it helps you drift off to sleep as saying this blocks any negative thoughts, plus the word has no emotion attached to it.

I thought I would try it as it sounded easier than all that circle drawing and number rubbing out that gave me a sore head. And it worked !! I fell asleep fairly quickly. Might be worth giving it a go. 

Unfortunately though I did wake up with a stutter 😬

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Funnily enough I was going to post another thing for you to try in case you still had problems  but I thought to myself ‘ffs Slasher will be thinking I am taking an unhealthy interest in him and Mrs Slasher’s sleeping habits’ 😁

I read the other day that if you say the word ‘the’ every 2 seconds , it helps you drift off to sleep as saying this blocks any negative thoughts, plus the word has no emotion attached to it.

I thought I would try it as it sounded easier than all that circle drawing and number rubbing out that gave me a sore head. And it worked !! I fell asleep fairly quickly. Might be worth giving it a go. 

Unfortunately though I did wake up with a stutter 😬

🤣

The latest is she has booked a tonne of yoga and body balance classes. Hopefully restrictions remain eased and that helps. We can but try 🤞