Will John Souttar Miss The Next Set Of Scotland Games? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will John Souttar Miss The Next Set Of Scotland Games?

Guest ElChris04

Guest ElChris04

Just curious as I know he has a ankle injury and according to transfermarket.com he won’t return form injury until the 2nd of September.. that’s four days before our first game at Hampden against Russia, and I can’t imagine Soutter starting so soon just coming back from that very ankle injury that could aggravate it. So do you reckon he won’t be picked by Clarke and miss the next set of games? If so it is a big blow giving he’s our best Centre Back imo, but wanted to hear other people’s opinion on if he will/won’t.

12 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Just curious as I know he has a ankle injury and according to transfermarket.com he won’t return form injury until the 2nd of September.. that’s four days before our first game at Hampden against Russia, and I can’t imagine Soutter starting so soon just coming back from that very ankle injury that could aggravate it. So do you reckon he won’t be picked by Clarke and miss the next set of games? If so it is a big blow giving he’s our best Centre Back imo, but wanted to hear other people’s opinion on if he will/won’t.

I doubt it. Highly unlikely he’ll be named in the squad on Tuesday if he is on Hearts injury list. 

If he is fully fit on 2nd September then I guess he could join the squad if Levein wants him to get game time before returning to Hearts but I’d be amazed if that happens. 

I doubt he’d start against Russia or Belgium anyway.