Urgent: Flower Of Scotland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Urgent: Flower Of Scotland

firfuxake

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FoS has never been more appropriate in my opinion. It's a song of defiance and hope, two things which are prevalent all over Scotland just now and which will continue to grow. It's our country, our team, our song. We should lift the fuckin roof off unionist central with it next weekend - let them hear us.

FoS has never been more appropriate in my opinion. It's a song of defiance and hope, two things which are prevalent all over Scotland just now and which will continue to grow. It's our country, our team, our song. We should lift the fuckin roof off unionist central with it next weekend - let them hear us.

And the jaws don't like FOS, get it right up them.

We voted no so we should forego a national anthem altogether. Listen to the anthem for our opponents, then have a minutes silence instead.

If anyone wants to campaign for anything it should be for a team GB.

International football is for countries. The clue is in the name. "Inter" (between) "national" (nations). Its an embarrassment that we're even allowed to take part. This might even be our last qualifying campaign.

We voted no so we should forego a national anthem altogether. Listen to the anthem for our opponents, then have a minutes silence instead.

If anyone wants to campaign for anything it should be for a team GB.

International football is for countries. The clue is in the name. "Inter" (between) "national" (nations). Its an embarrassment that we're even allowed to take part. This might even be our last qualifying campaign.

Did you vote Yes? If you did then why give the impression we've been beaten by hanging our heads in shame? The best response is to show the pride for which we're known. What would you be protesting against by staying silent? The No voters, our country or the song itself? Surely the best response to dissapointment is to hold your head high and remain unbowed?

Did you vote Yes? If you did then why give the impression we've been beaten by hanging our heads in shame? The best response is to show the pride for which we're known. What would you be protesting against by staying silent? The No voters, our country or the song itself? Surely the best response to dissapointment is to hold your head high and remain unbowed?

Nones hanging their heads but the song is completely inappropriate. FFS it's about Scotland being an independent country again and we just voted against it. How more stupid does it have to be?

Nones hanging their heads but the song is completely inappropriate. FFS it's about Scotland being an independent country again and we just voted against it. How more stupid does it have to be?

So we stop singing it? Seriously, think about it. It's a protest song FFS and it's never been more relevant.

Was never a very good anthem anyway. Backward looking and not overly uplifting. It's a good folk song but not an appropriate anthem.

How can it be backward looking when it's about the dream of independence? It's a great song imo and a very appropriate one, never more so than now.

I voted YES AND NOT HOLDING MY HEAD in shame never...

And for the anthem you can only sign in pride my friend when you have pride.....................

Redstevie, you're right.

Thank you.

I'm just still angry about the result. If it had been a fair fight Scotland would have voted YES.

I voted YES AND NOT HOLDING MY HEAD in shame never...

And for the anthem you can only sign in pride my friend when you have pride.....................

Two very contradictory sentences there :blink:

Look, people have the right to protest or act however they choose, singing a song (or not) won't fundamentally change anything but to the outside world it's our song, the anthem for which we're known. If the Welsh (for example) refused to sing Land of Our Fathers in similar circumstances what would you think?

Two very contradictory sentences there :blink:

Look, people have the right to protest or act however they choose, singing a song (or not) won't fundamentally change anything but to the outside world it's our song, the anthem for which we're known. If the Welsh (for example) refused to sing Land of Our Fathers in similar circumstances what would you think?

No contradiction here mate.

The anthem is not ours anymore how can you sing them words again with a meaning...NO as you got...

Some hugely divergent views. Respect to both sides of course.

But its our song and if, especially if, you voted YES then its more important than ever to belt it out. Fuk that if I'm giving in to the establishment who lied and cheated to get their vote.

You must realise that the cringers would like nothing more than a silent anthem / they'd think they had won the war.

They haven't.

Edited by mariokempes56

No contradiction here mate.

The anthem is not ours anymore how can you sing them words again with a meaning...NO as you got...

Of course it's ours, has been since we started singing it. It has more meaning and relevance now than it's ever had (apologies for repeating myself). It could've been written for the here and now.

Try this: imagine it never existed before now, you'd never heard it before September 18th. In amongst all the referendum and independence songs sprouting up on Youtube post-vote appears a wee gem about a nation defeating a mightier enemy, rising again, blossoming from the ruins of past defeat. Would you sing it then?

But its our song and if, especially if, you voted YES then its more important than ever to belt it out. Fuk that if I'm giving in to the establishment who lied and cheated to get their vote.

Disagree sorry

You must realise that the cringers would like nothing more than a silent anthem / they'd think they had won the war.

They haven't.

:ok::cry:

Of course it's ours, has been since we started singing it. It has more meaning and relevance now than it's ever had (apologies for repeating myself). It could've been written for the here and now.

Try this: imagine it never existed before now, you'd never heard it before September 18th. In amongst all the referendum and independence songs sprouting up on Youtube post-vote appears a wee gem about a nation defeating a mightier enemy, rising again, blossoming from the ruins of past defeat. Would you sing it then?

Hi.

Yes I have tried this..

Not sure how old you are but if you have been shouting out the meaning of flower of Scotland for thirty years or more and MEANING the words.

THEN HOW DOES YOUR COMMENTS WORK !!

Hi.

Yes I have tried this..

Not sure how old you are but if you have been shouting out the meaning of flower of Scotland for thirty years or more and MEANING the words.

THEN HOW DOES YOUR COMMENTS WORK !!

Not sure what you're getting at but I'll have a go.

Put simply (and this is just the way I think of it) '79 was a stepping stone, as was '97. This was another. We'll have another chance, no doubt about it, but only if we keep the flame burning. We're all angry, heartbroken even, but the way to mending a broken heart is positivity and pride and in our own small way next weekend we can show the doubters that we're most definitely not broken.

Edited by redstevie007

Not sure what you're getting at but I'll have a go.

Put simply (and this is just the way I think of it) '79 was a stepping stone, as was '97. This was another. We'll have another chance, no doubt about it, but only if we keep the flame burning. We're all angry, heartbroken even, but the way to mending a broken heart is positivity and pride and in our own small way next weekend we can show the doubters that we're most definitely not broken.

Good post