Myhermes Delivery Company Problems - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Myhermes Delivery Company Problems

I bought an item on eBay over a week ago, which was promptly despatched by the seller.

I was given a tracking number for Myhermes.

On the tracking it was with my "local courier" last Friday evening, allowing for me living in the Highlands it should of been with me by Tuesday.

On Wednesday I complained on an online chat service for the company (I think it was in India), anyway that got me nowhere and they then emailed to ask me what the parcel looked like, size, weight etc. how I was supposed to tell them this when I have never seen it I don't know!

They won't give a number for the local courier as it's basically self employed people driving their own car / van. Does anyone know what I can threaten them with (apart from violence). Could it be a police issue as they are basically withholding my mail?

Have they tried to deliver it? We get the Hermes guy quite a lot and he usually leaves a card with his number on it.

He came at the same time in the middle of the day 3 days in a row, and surprisingly we were at work each time....

Phoned him and got him to leave it with a neighbour.

I bought an item on eBay over a week ago, which was promptly despatched by the seller.

I was given a tracking number for Myhermes.

On the tracking it was with my "local courier" last Friday evening, allowing for me living in the Highlands it should of been with me by Tuesday.

On Wednesday I complained on an online chat service for the company (I think it was in India), anyway that got me nowhere and they then emailed to ask me what the parcel looked like, size, weight etc. how I was supposed to tell them this when I have never seen it I don't know!

They won't give a number for the local courier as it's basically self employed people driving their own car / van. Does anyone know what I can threaten them with (apart from violence). Could it be a police issue as they are basically withholding my mail?

That the seller hasn't delivered is the seller's problem. Who he contracts to deliver is of no concern of yours. Demand a full refund!

Obviously no help to the OP but DPD might be the best delivery company I have ever came across.They text you,give you notice and are willing to leave it at another place at your request.No hassles.

It's a refreshing change since these days most companies expect you to work round their schedule even though you are paying them for a service.