National Service Bill 2013-14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Service Bill 2013-14

If Davey boy Cameron decided to launch a ground offensive against bogey man A or bogey man B and was a bit short of fodder and you are doing your national service could you rule out being on your way to the front line? Even if they make a vow say could you be sure. Mental cases this lot.

Shepherds with AK47s, mortars and anti-tank missiles. Must be big fuckin sheep.

It's only in England and Wales.

It's also not just the army - I forget how wide a range of things it covers but there is quite a lot else you can do.

Not that I'm saying any of this makes it right, just that it's not conscription or anything.

I personally would be in favour of a national service bill, but not in the manner that most consider, i would have one where young people provide support to the less fortunate in society above what is provided at present.

I would use it to ensure young people are aware of the needs and issues of all of society, we could have all sorts of options available whether it be being involved in rural matters, urban regeneration or supporting the elderly.

None of it would be military related nor replacing jobs that are already in place.

Well, in the spirit of the times, since it doesn't affect me, I don't care.

In fact, I think it is a great idea. What these whippersnappers need is a good dose of national service, that'll sort them out.

(Come on guys, if you can't beat 'em join 'em)

Well, in the spirit of the times, since it doesn't affect me, I don't care.

In fact, I think it is a great idea. What these whippersnappers need is a good dose of national service, that'll sort them out.

(Come on guys, if you can't beat 'em join 'em)

Speaking as a 27 year old, I fully agree.