Was The Referendum Rigged ? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was The Referendum Rigged ?

We lost.

Bleating about vote rigging is counterproductive.

Without a smoking gun, we come across as churlish.

We need to accept Yes failed because we went for 50 per cent plus one vote with a case that wisnae watertight on currency and the economics.

We failed because we were up against a No campaign content to scaremonger and a hostile media who were unwilling to act as journalists by checking the information passed to them by No Thanks/UKOK/Better Together/Ermine and Red Leather.

We should aim for landslide not minute majority.

200k votes won this and many of those who voted no are regretting this.

There's a lot to be done and perpetually crying over the result is not going to help.

Wipe your eyes. On your feet. Grab your stuff. Let's get started.

Grant totally agree but when up against the Establishment ? The Media propaganda machine / Bullying and " The Vow " then there is only going to be one winner.

Going off topic but the Families of the 96 who died at Hillsborough stood up against the same and it took 23 years to get the Truth.

Regarding YES then as i iive down here i don't feel like giving much opinion to what should now happen in Scotland .However I would love to see the SNP take no part in assisting the VOW lot, and hopefully it all falls on it's arse then the NO will see for themselves they have all been conned, then hopeffully come the next vote the dirty tricks wont work as much as it did this time..

Being part of the VOW then not geting what was promised just helps that lot off load some of the blame on the SNP

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some electoral fraud took place last week.

Whether it was done on a grand enough scale to swing the result, who knows?

Completely agree. I'd be very surprised if there was at least some isolated cases of voter fraud going depending on where there were weaknesses in process 1000 here, 2000 there. IMO, they'll have assumed at 51% Yes /49% No result and sought to try and ensure they nudged it the other way. As it turns out, the Yes vote didnt hold up across Scotland and any rigging ended up giving them a better result than they expected.

If there was rigging, Im pretty certain it wont have happened via the counting process. There's little chance of getting away with large scale fraud on full view of everyone. The repeated fire alarm at Dundee always seemed to be suspicious though and Ive no doubt postal votes were abused in some way given the history of it.

As other have said though, I think we lost regardless of rigging so there is no point bleating about it. We now need to dust ourselves down and prepare for the next referendum. When we become independent, I want it to be with 60% of the vote, not 51%. The best start for an independent Scotland would be to have a convincing majority on our side.