Buses To & From Stadium - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Buses To & From Stadium

Alan

Avoid the busy trains and waiting in queues.  Use the free buses.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17007&newsCategoryID=1

Also as its a 5pm ko so less rush to get home I would recommend

Walking to Cathcart station to get on train before Mount Florida stop.

Walking to Shawlands or Strathbungo for a beer.  Can then use Pollokshaws East, Crossmyloof or Queens Park stations depending where you are.

Walking back into town. 30 mins if you go via Cathcart or Victoria Road.

Walking down to Holmlea Road to get Number 6 or Number 4 bus.  Exact change needed!

• 3 months later...

Didn't have a stopwatch on it, but the journey felt longer than the trains.   I've only used them to & from the Malta game and there was almost no queuing when I boarded, but there will be a heck of a lot more folk at the next game.

...which will add to the train queues too of course.

We've used them the last three games. They run pretty well (match ticket needed before boarding, or receipt of purchase) however it was a farce for the England game. Gave ourselves loads of time but waited ages at Buchanan station on buses to arrive back from Hampden. 

Slovakia obviously a massive game too but with it being midweek there will no doubt be more people driving.