Spurs - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Cheers Nobby. Spurs are one of only 4 or 5 league teams I've never seen play against Hudds., so it's a shame I never made it to the old ground. It's good to see somebody trying to create a proper football ground anyway. I definitely sympathise with West Ham as I've always had a soft spot for them (they were the first team I ever saw play Hudds back in 1972 & I used to live close to Upton Park). I don't think they will ever really be able to turn it into a 'home' ground.

A lot of West Ham fans that I know have got the right hump over the stadium move, it has been royally cocked up even the "state of the art" retractable seating they were promised has turned out to be seating on scaffolding which I believe means they cant play there for the first 3/4 games next season after the athletics is held there because it takes so long to take down and re-erect , and the seating has been a right balls up. I don't doubt they'll get something sorted in the end but I've been there and it isn't a football stadium !!

If you look at the pictures of Spurs new ground you'll notice all the cranes are white and blue with cockerels all over them at the top. Allegedly there is/was a shortage of tower cranes so Levy went out and bought them new instead of renting them, which explains the paint job !  . Watch him double his money selling them to chelski in 18 months time ^_^

On 2 January 2017 at 11:14 PM, Fish Gills Mcginty said:

Think Juventus did something similar too? built round about Stadio Delle Alpi, or inside it something

Juventus built a new stadium on the site of the old Stadio Delle Alpi.  The Stadium sits "inside" where the old one was but I'm not sure any of the old Stadium actually exists - I could be wrong about that - it seems it's more like a architectural device.

This is unlike the stadium in Leipzig where RB Leipzig play and is called, guess what, the Red Bull Arena.  That was built for the World Cup in 2006, inside the original bowl of the old stadium which is still intact.  Looks really smart IMHO.

75G.jpg

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

Juventus built a new stadium on the site of the old Stadio Delle Alpi.  The Stadium sits "inside" where the old one was but I'm not sure any of the old Stadium actually exists - I could be wrong about that - it seems it's more like a architectural device.

This is unlike the stadium in Leipzig where RB Leipzig play and is called, guess what, the Red Bull Arena.  That was built for the World Cup in 2006, inside the original bowl of the old stadium which is still intact.  Looks really smart IMHO.

75G.jpg

Just like the Valley.