Snp Prospects For Uk General Election - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Prospects For Uk General Election

Like most of you ive been feeling deflated since Friday.the party that we wanted to happen in Sydney only kicked into life for 5mins when dundee results came in.

anyhow we do have a beach head.once you move tp Yes you dont go back. Another ref in a few years if we can the conditions right could and should be won.

Thinking of joining the SNP even to contribute some coin. What are their chances in Westminster next time? A wipeout of Scottish labour after their behavior in ref would be at least something.

I think that should be a focal point of the campaign. Highlighting the lies labour peddled to get a no vote, cozying up with the Tories. That's not what labour voters want.

Nows a chance to drive them out, maybe not in the heartlands but in the marginal seats.

I think there's a possibility to do this in some glasgow areas where I saw a lot of support for yes. These people feel betrayed and everything should be done to stop them from falling back on old habits

I think the SNP can build from this and maybe replace LAB as the Scottish party....

But they need to be clever and have wide spread appeal.

Normally SNP get about 30% of the vote.

So to get 45% of the vote in a referendum is no disaster.

More than ever we need a united front to protect us from what might yet be to come.