Should John Rankin name names? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should John Rankin name names?

No need, I'll do it.

Paul Dixon, Billy McKay*, Chris Erskine, Charlie Telfer, Mark Durnan, Gavin Gunning, Scott Fraser, Darko Bodul*, John Souttar, Aaron Kuhl, Adam Taggart and Aiden Connolly.

* didn't so much give up as never bothered their arse in the first place.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

No need, I'll do it.

Paul Dixon, Billy McKay*, Chris Erskine, Charlie Telfer, Mark Durnan, Gavin Gunning, Scott Fraser, Darko Bodul*, John Souttar, Aaron Kuhl, Adam Taggart and Aiden Connolly.

And how would you describe Rankins contribution this season?

Rankin is hard to fault this year, gives 100%. Very hard to name another with same commitment to team and effort, Dillon possibly. Paton who has only been back a few games. The rest can feck off except Spittal who apparently is only person able to take a free kick, corner or throw in as well cos of the lazy bass as in the team . 

Away to the attic to find my boots for tomorrow ?

Dillon...yes. Not strong enough, a better player when he's not captain.

ranks spot on and nowt to lose with his fellow "Pros" who will all be fecked off or feck off in the summer..........wish it was sooner. 

Hope John's there next year cos his attitude is what we'll need to stay away from bottom of Championship.

said what we've been saying all year, can't dodge that bullet .....Gunning, Dixon, Fraser, McKay , Durning, Zwick, Zromnik, Dixon again , Bodul, Taggart, Bilate, Schneider, Telfer, Connelly, RISKI !! , Ofere, Demel, Erskine ! !, did I mention Erskine... PTFc have signed him for ***** sake wow, did I mention Dixon. 

These guys are getting silly wages every week .........for what ? 3rd highest wage bill in Premier!

get season finished and clear the lot including the Mixu, just cannot work going forward, no matter whether he is a good or bad manager, just needs a fresh start.

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Sweats blood for the team.  Whatever people think of his ability, I don't think anyone at United would ever accuse him of slacking or bottling. 

I haven't seen United for months so have no reference for how well any of the team are playing or not.

I've always thought Rankin was a decent player but then again I'd have thought that of others at United too.

14 hours ago, adamntg said:

No need, I'll do it.

i know Dow has been injured till recently but he would be one that would never appear in such a list. 

The reappearance of Dow and Paton was what gave us that little bit of hope last month. But we used to have a team full of these guys.  Even if they weren't the Crown Jewels that would be sold off  they were decent, hard working pros that would pick the team up when it wasn't coming off for Gauld/GMS/Ciftci/Armstrong. 

We could never expect to replace those guys like for like, but we let guys like Fojut, Gardyne and Graham - a lot of them just subs or squad players - and replaced with the current gutless wonders.  I don't think McNamara did his homework correctly on the mental attributes of the squad.  Some of them can play, but too many of them have no heart.

Edited by adamntg