Currency - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Currency

Grumpyauldgit

Is it possible to get Georgian Lari before we arrive in Georgia, I have tried various Travel companies/Exchange places, and they have all told me that they don't have any in stock (Not really suprising), and since the there is not not much call for it, they wont be ordering any in.

So any ideas on getting hold of some, as the esteemed Mrs Auldgit don't like using Malboro and bog rolls for currency, and I hate using airport exchanges, as they rob you blind.

Best bet will be hole in the wall over there, but if want to take cash, probably US Dollars will be your best bet (you might get lucky with pounds, as long as they are Bank of England notes, but not sure)

Best bet will be hole in the wall over there, but if want to take cash, probably US Dollars will be your best bet (you might get lucky with pounds, as long as they are Bank of England notes, but not sure)

What you save on airport exchange rates you lose on changing pounds to dollars and then dollars to Lari.

If the OP is that bothered, take a small amount out at the airport then hit a hole in the wall in town.

Frankly I'm not that bothered, it will be a few quid difference and will mean I can go straight out after checking in circa 23:00.

J

Agree.

I have some Euros left over from Dublin which I am keeping aside for Georgia, but it's more for a back up than for use.... Will just use the hole in the wall once across.

U.S. dollars seems to be popular over there as everything I have been quoted (hotel, Gori Tour, transfer to Airport etc.... Have been given to me in Dollars.... But you would be losing out on the exchange rate twice if you did that)

Is it possible to get Georgian Lari before we arrive in Georgia, I have tried various Travel companies/Exchange places, and they have all told me that they don't have any in stock (Not really suprising), and since the there is not not much call for it, they wont be ordering any in.

So any ideas on getting hold of some, as the esteemed Mrs Auldgit don't like using Malboro and bog rolls for currency, and I hate using airport exchanges, as they rob you blind.

https://www.thomasexchange.co.uk/currency_collect.asp

i got some sent by the branch in Market Place