Hamilton Races - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hamilton Races

Kirk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Card High won at HP last season?

Three out four is great going :ok:.

It did, its previous 2 runs at Hamilton produced a win and a 2nd, so to only get 4th was disappointing(and expensive!)

We should hopefully see it run in the near future at a Northern racecourse(maybe Newcastle)

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

I hope there was not too much collateral damage done there. Think I would have lost a couple of quid, intact I know I would have!!!!

Good crowd last night?

I'm previewing the ante post Cheltenham markets just now. Hopefully get one at the right price, that runs in the right race!!!

It was quiet last night - maybe about 1,000 people - quite of few of the bars were closed (including the one under the stand where they serve drink in proper glasses - that was a number of years ago so that may have changed).

Lanark Silver Bell on Friday - a great shame Lanark closed - would be a good day out there.

Does Lanark still not do point to point?

Used to be a member at Carlisle, but haven't renewed for a couple of years now. A tidy wee place that certainly has some good jumps racing, especially the 2 Sunday's in November, and a good midweek meeting. Jp McManus sends a lot of his horses up there, if they can't get up the hill at Carlisle they won't get up the hill at Cheltenham.

Enjoy Chester. Is that a reciprocal day? That meeting used to be a freebie for racegoers from certain courses.

Happy punting.

Unfortunately it's not a reciprocal - tickets are £10 off until midnight tonight, so Tats is only 20 quid.

Carlisle is a tidy wee course - pretty much without exception Jockey Club courses are a cut above ARC ones.

I'm struggling to muster any enthusiasm for tomorrow evening - George Bowie's GBX Anthems should up the ned factor to eleven.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I'll be having an each way on Pitt Rivers in the 17.55

For no other reason than i took it in the placepot at Hamilton last week when it ran over a mile

It was travelling like a winner 3 furlongs out and ended up finishing 7th beaten 16 lengths.

Clearly as a 6 furlong course winner the mile trip was too far and it's back over 6 furlongs tomorrow

Bad horse - bad race - and it will probably get pumped but it's a 20/1 shot and Perratt's horses (who i normally avoid like the plague) are running alright

Everyone else has tipped donkey's so this is mine

Other ones i'll be having an interest in and not to take seriously

Sheriff of Nawton in the 7.30

Nice Thoughts in the 7.00

Pull the Plug in the 6.25

Haley Bop in the 5.20

It was quiet last night - maybe about 1,000 people - quite of few of the bars were closed (including the one under the stand where they serve drink in proper glasses - that was a number of years ago so that may have changed).

Lanark Silver Bell on Friday - a great shame Lanark closed - would be a good day out there.

Att. 917, so pretty good guess :).

Looking forward to Salisbury this Thursday - HP's twin - hopefully GBX free.

• 4 weeks later...

Was there a good send off for Hazel ?

No mention that I can recall, but I spent almost the whole afternoon in the members' bunker. Aye, she clocked up a fair number of years - not sure if she's still clerk of course at Kelso or whether Perth will have her undivided attention going forward.

• 4 weeks later...