Bt Sport Europe - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bt Sport Europe

I just received an email from BT, confirming what has mostly been covered in the media - BT Sport Europe will cost £5 a month for BT Broadband customers.

I have BT Broadband, so have previously received BT Sports 1, 2 and ESPN for free through my Sky box. I have always thought that it was inevitable that they would start charging, especially when they bought the sole rights to the Champions and Europa Leagues.

There is the choice to downgrade to BT Sport Lite for free. Thanks includes BT Sport 1 only, which will show EPL and SPFL games. HD is going up from £3 to £4. For me HD is a must. SD seems barely watchable these days, after getting used to HD. In reality that means that to get European football, it will be £9 a month. What's more, this would still only be for one Sky box. If you have multiroom (or whatever it's caled now), it will be another £5 to watch it on both boxes (free for 1 month).

I'm in two minds as to whether to pay the extra, in fear that I will miss the European games, or go without it (and probably not miss them).

Let me know if anyone has called BT to cancel, only to be offered 3 or 6 months for free. That may swing it for me.

Warning to everyone in the same boat (currently receiving BT Sports for free)... If you do not tell them that you wish to downgrade to Lite, they will automatically assume that you wish to pay the £5 a month!

Edited by EIFA10

I get BT Sport free through Virgin. I won't be paying anything extra so they can stick their exclusive Champion's League deal up there erse! I think I read that they will have some games free to air so I'll make do with them and on the odd occasion there is another game I really want to watch I'll either go and watch it in a boozer or get a hold of it through other means.....

I get BT Sport free through Virgin. I won't be paying anything extra so they can stick their exclusive Champion's League deal up there erse! I think I read that they will have some games free to air so I'll make do with them and on the odd occasion there is another game I really want to watch I'll either go and watch it in a boozer or get a hold of it through other means.....

Virgin Media has said that they're "in talks with BT Sport Europe about adding the new channel to our existing sporting action".

I'm with Virgin as well. I couldn't give a rat's arse about the Champions League, so long as I continue to get all my rugby.

Is that on the virgin XL package Fairbairn?