Euro 2016 Tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2016 Tickets

MattGal

Notice UEFA are dishing out applications for the finals. I'm assuming SSC members would get tickets if we qualify.....

SSC members will get tickets as usual through the points system. I would imagine the points table will be frozen after the last away game before France.

However you might as well apply for other games as you'll have about 3 weeks to kill in France.

I've applied for five in the round of 16 and quarters. Don't expect to get them all but if I do I may have to punt a couple. Didn't want to be left with none, but no idea whether it'll be like Commonwealth Games where I seemed to get one out of four I applied for.

Minimum for a game if we qualify would be 6000 tickets per game, so everyone will get

*6000 based on ticket allocations at Euro 2012

Everyone? If Scotland have qualified (or can qualify) by Gibraltar, there'll be about 20,000 applications for that one to get a point.

Depending on when they make the cut off, either straight after the qualifiers or after announcing a friendly (there could of course be a playoff) then the point gained from the England game will still be standing.

In short, there'll be far more than 6,000 with points.

Can anyone remember the exact points breakdown for France 98? Obviously there was less members then (but also less tickets, think 3500 for Brazil and 5500 for Norway and Morroco).

From memory, think it was something like 3 points and over you got tickets to all three games. 2 pointers got a Brazil ticket, 1 pointers one of Norway or Morroco, then there was a ballot for 0 pointers. Too long ago to remember if that's correct.

That's a fair system to me. Folk on higher points should be rewarded.

Yeah the point system is in place for a reason. I'm quite low on points but that's just how things have worked out.

Everyone? If Scotland have qualified (or can qualify) by Gibraltar, there'll be about 20,000 applications for that one to get a point.

Depending on when they make the cut off, either straight after the qualifiers or after announcing a friendly (there could of course be a playoff) then the point gained from the England game will still be standing.

In short, there'll be far more than 6,000 with points.

Can anyone remember the exact points breakdown for France 98? Obviously there was less members then (but also less tickets, think 3500 for Brazil and 5500 for Norway and Morroco).

From memory, think it was something like 3 points and over you got tickets to all three games. 2 pointers got a Brazil ticket, 1 pointers one of Norway or Morroco, then there was a ballot for 0 pointers. Too long ago to remember if that's correct.

There wasn't a points system as such back then.

If you travelled to Tallinn for the no show game you got tickets for all 3.

I went to two of the away qualifiers and got a ticket for only the Brazil game through the SFA. I had to source the other tickets myself.

Not sure how else they worked it. We only got 2200 tickets for the Norway and Morocco games.

Edited by tartanpar

Sorry for being a bit thick but will tickets to Scotland games (if we qualify) be available to ssc members in the usual point system way or will it be a free for all first come first served basis

They haven't said, but tickets are distributed to competing nations from December. I imagine SSC members will get preference in the usual way. Why wouldn't they?

Sorry for being a bit thick but will tickets to Scotland games (if we qualify) be available to ssc members in the usual point system way or will it be a free for all first come first served basis

Yes each FA will get an allocation of tickets for each game they are involved in. I imagine the SSC will distribute these in the normal way.

Other tickets are available to buy from UEFA.

They haven't said, but tickets are distributed to competing nations from December. I imagine SSC members will get preference in the usual way. Why wouldn't they?

It should be dished out via the points system as that's what the purpose of the SSC is all about but I wouldn't rule out the SFA shifting the goalposts on a marketing ploy. Look at Wembley, the points system was thrown out the window when they said anyone who bought a season ticket would be guaranteed a ticket for the game if they applied for it regardless of how many points they were on. (Turned out anyone who wanted a ticket, even 0 pointers who didn't buy a season ticket, got one)

They limited the England ticket though to first 15000 as they were guaranteed they would be getting 20000. I'll be on at least 7 points by euros were we to qualify, i'd be pretty fuming if the points system wasn't used would make you wonder the point of it! Lets not get ahead of ourselves and qualify first though :)

There wasn't a points system as such back then.

If you travelled to Tallinn for the no show game you got tickets for all 3.

I went to two of the away qualifiers and got a ticket for only the Brazil game through the SFA. I had to source the other tickets myself.

Not sure how else they worked it. We only got 2200 tickets for the Norway and Morocco games.

Absolutely correct, if you went to Tallinn you got tickets for all 3. In addition, if you went to at least 3 of the 5 away qualifiers, you also got tickets for all 3.

If you went to only 1 or 2 of the away games in qualifying, you only got a Brazil ticket.

As far as I remember that was how it worked. None of me or my mates were in Tallin, but as I had been to 3 of the 5 away qualifiers, I got tickets for all 3 finals games. My mates went to 1 or 2 of then, so they only got tickets for the Brazil game and had to source the Norway & Morocco games themselves when they got there.

That was before the points system, and I'm sure they would just use the points system this time. Hopefully.

Stupid question, but does the points table just use the last 10 away matches? For example, Luxembourg (Nov 2012), Serbia (Mar 2013) and Croatia (June 2013) will all drop off after our 3 games in Ireland, Georgia and Portugal? Then England will drop off if we have a playoff to contend, or if not, probably an away friendly at some point?