How Many Away Points Were Needed To Get A Ticket? - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Many Away Points Were Needed To Get A Ticket?

Sorry for the slightly stupid question. I somehow seem to have completely missed the applications for this game. I pretty sure I didn't get any e-mails from the SSC about it though, perhaps because I don't have enough points (I have 5).

Sorry for the slightly stupid question. I somehow seem to have completely missed the applications for this game. I pretty sure I didn't get any e-mails from the SSC about it though, perhaps because I don't have enough points (I have 5).

It went down to the sale for those on 3 points, some of which missed out. The remaining tickets were snapped up within minutes for that sale period. 5 points would have got you one I am afraid.

The email for tickets going on sale was latched on to a email for the announcement of the squad for the Northern Ireland and Gibraltar games.

The email title was something like "squad news for NI and Gibraltar Games plus Ireland Ticket News"..... but on the screen the title was cut and was basically "squad news for NI and Gibraltar Games....." and thought no more of it.

Edited by wanderer

Only noticed it when I scrolled down to far in the email.

Should have been 2 separate emails or the Ireland tickets taking preference over the squad news for the up coming games

That would make too much sense for the SFA

There was a fair outcry about the SSC email at the time. I hope they've taken note and will improve their ticket communication for the future.

Personally, I think the SSC should consider moving forward with emails headed as follows:

either

THIS IS IMPORTANT - Ticket sales info for our forthcoming match

or

THIS IS THE SAME RANDOM PISH THAT WE SEND YOU - Win a teddy if you can answer the following question

There was a fair outcry about the SSC email at the time. I hope they've taken note and will improve their ticket communication for the future.

Personally, I think the SSC should consider moving forward with emails headed as follows:

either

THIS IS IMPORTANT - Ticket sales info for our forthcoming match

or

THIS IS THE SAME RANDOM PISH THAT WE SEND YOU - Win a teddy if you can answer the following question

Whoa whoa whoa... I missed the teddy competition??? Sort it out SSC.

There are a lot of SSC member's who have unsubscribed from the emails due to the nature of irrelevant (to them) content and are missing the important info as well.

Something is wrong somewhere.

IIRC it was particularly early by away game standards. And the e-mail title was crap.

J

Think the actual number of tickets we were getting was still up in the air and nothing official had been announced anywhere.

I only knew to keep a eye out for a email as the SSC girls at the Scotland Quiz on the Friday night said email on sales would be out the following midweek...... I didn't expect that they would give it second preference to to a Scotland squad being announced on the same email sent out on the Monday/Tuesday morning.

Edited by wanderer

I posted on here about how I also missed email. Guys on here informed me it was attached to Northern Ireland match. We were getting bombarded with reminder emails about NI game, it just looked like an advert for that game. So I assume I just deleted it, that's what most people do with junk mail.

I emailed SSC explain situation and asked politely to be put on waiting list for returns. I even blamed myself for missing email, even though they are very much also at fault. I have not even got a reply to say aye or naw!!

It should of been a stand alone email only!! I am going to attempt to email again about returns. I have managed to get ticket on presale, but I'm pissed off about losing my attendance point.

The email title wasn't clear, there's way too much spam coming out from the SSC and the time between the email going out and tickets going on sale was needlessly short.

Another customer relations triumph for the SSC.

They sent the details in an email along with other pish and it wasn't very clear what information was inside.

I only found out through reading this forum

At least you and I are not in amongst the riff raff now. :-D