Viagogo Or Tout On The Day? - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Viagogo Or Tout On The Day?

Had a look on viagogo and final price would be 422 (£303) for 3 tickets. Question is do I buy them or wait until match day and try and get them off a tout?

Anyone got any ideas of rough prices that touts will be selling them for??

This was my take on it. I was waiting for a public sale and hoping someone on here might have a couple of spare tickets but sadly with under a month to go these avenues were looking bleak so needed to sort something quick.

I was spending almost two hours a day looking through the same sites hoping to find a good deal on a ticket and to be honest this was starting to stress me out and distract me from work etc. Also I had told my mate I would sort the tickets, flights and hotels out there was that added pressure. I emailed, texted all my family over in Ireland in a desperate attempt to get one of them to find me two tickets but sadly this produced nothing.

Eventually I gave in and bought two Category A tickets through a bloke on gumtree for 230 Euro including p and p. (Only did this yesterday so still time for the tickets not to arrive and me to be ripped off, hopefully not!)

We are flying to Dublin the morning of the game and the final straw was the thought of running around Dublin in the hours before the game desperately looking for 2 tickets. This filled me with such dread that I plumped for buying them at a premium.

If you or I were only looking for just 1 ticket I would have just held my nerve and waited and tried my luck on the streets and in the bars of Dublin before the game as one single ticket should be a lot easier to find that two or three. If like you, I had to get three tickets for me and pals I would probably bite the bullet and buy them in advance for the peace of mind. What price can you put on being able to enjoy the build up to the game safe in the knowledge you have your tickets in hand? Personally that price was £35 per ticket over the face value.

There are risks on both sides but I can imagine that tickets from touts on the day will start at about 100 Euro+ , again this is my gut feeling. Again unless you are amazingly lucky and find some kind soul to sell you 3 at face value and that my friend is sadly very unlikely.

Edited by kmcca5

I just bought 4 off another guy 100 euros each.

I reckon touts on the day will be selling tickets for around this price as well couldn't see them asking much more than €150 and even think will be able to get them cheaper than that. The price the resale sites are asking is madness IMO with most charging between £100-£150 (including charges) for tickets that usually cost €50 and the 1s in sone areas are cat c which normally cost €30 (all cat c tickets were sold as part of the hat trick pack)

Also anyone purchasing kids tickets the face value of these is €20 and please be aware that the buzzer on turnstile turns a different colour for kids tickets (not that it's much of an issue and many adults were got in on kid tickets before but could get a strict steward who refuses entry )