Currency - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Currency

ClanDerby

Best option according to advice for previous trip is to take English notes and go to local 'Kantor' (I think?) booth.

We did this underneath Warsaw Centralna station and got a much better rate than available in UK and also better

than mate who went to bank in Warsaw.

We got more than 500 Zloty for £100 with no charges which was v good at the time.

Apparently, the booths all vary, but I just asked and made sure there were no charges.......no problem!

KANTOR is definitely the best option. But don`t use those located on the airports! as they tend to rip you off.

Find kantor in the shopping mall or in the city centre street and you`ll be absolutely fine.

You won`t get better deal on post office, travel agent or even at the polish atm as most of british banks charge you 1 or 2 pounds on top of "not the best" exchange rates.

KANTOR is definitely the best option. But don`t use those located on the airports! as they tend to rip you off.

Find kantor in the shopping mall or in the city centre street and you`ll be absolutely fine.

You won`t get better deal on post office, travel agent or even at the polish atm as most of british banks charge you 1 or 2 pounds on top of "not the best" exchange rates.

As stated earlier in this thread, take English notes as Scottish notes don't get as good exchange rate even at Kantor. I was there in March and the rate I got for Scottish notes was less than advertised for GBP.

As stated earlier in this thread, take English notes as Scottish notes don't get as good exchange rate even at Kantor. I was there in March and the rate I got for Scottish notes was less than advertised for GBP.

Yes!, engerland notes only if changing them in Poland, it`s important.