Summer Reads - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Summer Reads

Excuse my laziness in not digging out the old thread - but I'm looking for recommendations for good books for my summer hols next week!

Nothing fitba or politics please, as I've read plenty of that recently.

I had a quick swatch in Waterstones earlier and these caught my eye, anyone read them?:

Look who's back - T Vermes

Currently reading Look who's back. Quite an amusing read and sometimes a bit "no holds barred" satire on the taboo subject of Hitler - I'm certainly enjoying it so far.

Currently reading Look who's back. Quite an amusing read and sometimes a bit "no holds barred" satire on the taboo subject of Hitler - I'm certainly enjoying it so far.

Ah, is that the one that was along the lines of him being frozen and reawakening in modern times and trying to fit in to society? I read a review of that a while back and fancied it but forgot the name!

Ah, is that the one that was along the lines of him being frozen and reawakening in modern times and trying to fit in to society? I read a review of that a while back and fancied it but forgot the name!

Yeah, basically he wakes up in 2011 Berlin but he is the same physically and mentally as if it were still 1945, written in the first person as Hitler as well which adds to the humour too I think.

Yes, that's the one. It's on kindle for £1.99 on Amazon at the moment