Bins Not Bombs - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A few times now I've seen cars with stickers saying:

'Bins Not Bombs'

and it is only when you get up close, you realise 'Bins' is actually 'Bairns', but with the colours of 'a' and 'i' so hard to read it looks like 'Bins'.

I had thought it was a council tax campaign.

I was actually thinking...

Wouldn't money be better spent emptying all my bins every week, to compensate for the weeks the bin lorry wakes me up, and I really can't be bothered getting up to take the bin out, but need to, or I'll have 4 weeks rubbish, than fighting wars?

:lol:

Wouldn't money be better spent emptying all my bins every week, to compensate for the weeks the bin lorry wakes me up, and I really can't be bothered getting up to take the bin out, but need to, or I'll have 4 weeks rubbish, than fighting wars?

My bin can go eight weeks or so between empties, usually only have a couple of 5p bags worth of rubbish each week.

Maybe the army could be retrained as bin operatives ;)

Naw. I'm going to get a "Bairns not Bins" sticker. Much better to spend the money bairns instead of more bins. Jist get oot o yer pit earlier you lazy fuker. :lol:

Why can't you just put your bin out the night before? It's no rocket surgery. :lol:

Naw. I'm going to get a "Bairns not Bins" sticker. Much better to spend the money bairns instead of more bins. Jist get oot o yer pit earlier you lazy fuker. :lol:

Why can't you just put your bin out the night before? It's no rocket surgery. :lol:

I know, but it's one of those weird lies you tell yourself.

"I'll get up and do it in the morning"

"I'll shut my eyes for 2 minutes, I don't need to reset my alarm"

"I'll just have 1 more drink then go home"

"That giant bag of crisps for £1 is better value, I'll eat some and keep the rest"

I actually put them out on Monday afternoon for a Wednesday pick up the other week. I was going away for work, and as far as my wife's concerned, the bin fairies take the rubbish from the kitchen (no matter how high she piles it) and make it disappear!

Edited by sbcmfc