Beef Wellington - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

**********Another Gay Thread Alert ************************************

ffs this place is turning into the women's institute - has Francis Gay of the People's friend become respectable reading?

Cooking, ironing , praising the hard working mothers - jeez geeza break and get back to fitba and politics.

Francis Gay. :-))

Remember the preaching of Francis from the Sunday Post when my parents used to send me out for the Sunday Paper.

I love beef Wellington, my girlfriend makes an excellent example. She uses a herb pancake between the Pancetta and the pastry. Mushroom duxelle next to the beef. She makes a port jus and probably roast tatties and carrots (cumin). I think it's a hybrid of Oliver and Ramsay recipes.

You're not the only one with the description of that dish....

The AA are the 4th emergency service didn't you know?

I once had some muppet turn up from Scottish Gas Networks to investigate a suspected leak in the street. He told me, without a hint of sarcasm, they were very often known as 'the Gas brigade' :)

Gas Engineers ... They don't half make a Crisis out of a Drama

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to this on Tuesday. Cheers for all the pointers, finished article below. First time I've eaten it, let alone cooked it so not a bad first effort. certainly no one has been aff work with the shits so that's a bonus :)

Personally I found it a bit too rare in the middle. The end pieces were about medium. Next time I'll definitely be trimming the fillet down a bit. The butcher gave us a bit extra on each side so rather than trim the fillet out we just used all of it. was a ridiculous amount for 5 people....not that there was any left mind you :blush:

To those advising to use pancakes, we added breadcrumbs to the mixture instead, seemed to do the trick.

301limx.jpg

34g2h6p.jpg

Edited by Angus_Young

An old favourite. Just got 4 from the butcher yesterday.

He does Haggis ones which are fantastic.

Beef olives done in the slow cooker with some gravy granuals and French onion soup, that's the game.