Furthest Possible Away Game In This Competition - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Furthest Possible Away Game In This Competition

Robroysboy

It's a bit daft some of the countries that are in UEFA. I think all the ex-Soviet nations went in to UEFA when the USSR broke up but it would make more sense for some of them to be in the Asian federation.

I believe that when the USSR broke up all were given the chance to stay in UEFA. Many chose to stay but others decided to join the Asian Confederation.

Maine New England is closer to Dundee than Tbilisi is!

Whit full of junkies wae nae teeth..

Maine New England ................. well I never :wave:

I believe that when the USSR broke up all were given the chance to stay in UEFA. Many chose to stay but others decided to join the Asian Confederation.

Yes, all were offered UEFA membership (as they were technically playing under the Soviet Union flag in UEFA) but the Central Asia republics accepted the AFC offer... Kazakhstan successfully switched to UEFA few years back, and Uzbekistan have talked about it due to fall outs with the AFC over a World Cup qualifier and under pressure from their clubs who want to play in the riches of UEFA.