Weeze Airport late on the Thursday - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weeze Airport late on the Thursday

I fly Edinburgh to Weeze on the Thursday and flight now gets in at back of 11pm on the Thursday night. 

I have a train booked to Munich on the Friday early doors from Weeze via Dusselfdorf and have a cheap hotel in Weeze for a few hours kip.

Is there anyway of getting from Weeze Airport to Dusseldorf that isn't a taxi at 11pm? I am thinking of ditching the hotel and just going to pub in Dusseldorf for a few hours before my train. 

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I fly Edinburgh to Weeze on the Thursday and flight now gets in at back of 11pm on the Thursday night. 

I have a train booked to Munich on the Friday early doors from Weeze via Dusselfdorf and have a cheap hotel in Weeze for a few hours kip.

Is there anyway of getting from Weeze Airport to Dusseldorf that isn't a taxi at 11pm? I am thinking of ditching the hotel and just going to pub in Dusseldorf for a few hours before my train. 

✈ Getting from Düsseldorf Weeze Airport to Düsseldorf City Centre (welcomepickups.com)

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Clootie Dumpling said:

Saw that, it's £130 for a taxi and i am travelling myself (got fed up waiting on everyone to book) and meeting my mates in Munich. 

Trains stop before my flight gets in. 

Worst case i'll get taxi into Weeze, few hours kip and then get my train to Munich at 445am from Weeze. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Saw that, it's £130 for a taxi and i am travelling myself (got fed up waiting on everyone to book) and meeting my mates in Munich. 

Worst case i'll get taxi into Weeze, few hours kip and then get my train to Munich at 445am from Weeze. 

Of those options it's got to be the hotel in Weeze for a couple of hours kip. No question. Be reasonably fresh for an early arrival in Munich and all the madness that will follow. 👍

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I am thinking of ditching the hotel and just going to pub in Dusseldorf for a few hours before my train. 

A great idea until you enter your fourth hour on the train 🤣

Weeze is one of Ryanair's airports where you land on the runway and turn your phone on, and it says "welcome to the Netherlands" and by the time you reach the terminal building you get the "welcome to Germany".

There will be dedicated buses for flights, but its a bit of a trek into Dusseldorf.

I think Duisburg is slightly closer, but not by all that much.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Scroll down and there should be a bus and train timetable.