Options for transfering / swapping / selling tickets - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Options for transfering / swapping / selling tickets

Haggis_trap

Hopefully everyone got what they hoped for in the ballot.
No doubt there will be members still looking for tickets (or hoping to trade).
Time still needs to be booked off work.  Many yet to make travel plans <etc>

Does anyone know what the option for selling / transferring / re-selling or trading tickets might be ?
The UEFA app system looks like it has been set up to be "tout-proof".
Though that could be problematic for those whose circumstances change and need to transfer a ticket to a fellow fan.

I currently have 2x tickets for Hungary in Stuttgart (for me and my son).
However due to sales schedule they are in different categories / sections of the ground.

Edited by Haggis_trap

• Haggis_trap changed the title to Options for transfering / swapping / selling tickets

> Apparently the SFA tickets are blocked from transfer

I wonder if that is genuinely going to be the case?
If so, then it makes any kind of trading impossible unless you trust someone to share log-in.
I believe tickets only appear in the UEFA app a few days before kick off.

For last EUROs I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets for the Czech game at Hampden from UEFA.
Just transferred them to my mates email address (and they downloaded the app).  Worked perfectly.

1 minute ago, LoganRoy said:

Apparently the SFA tickets are blocked from transfer, but on the TA FB page, someone put up a screenshot of the T&Cs where it says transfers can happen. 

Feels a bit silly that UEFA ballots can be but not SFA ones.

SSC members shouldn’t be buying tickets to sell them on or give them to mates who are not members so I have no problem with that. Not sure what members with a genuine reason for not making the games they bought tickets for can do other than give someone else their app log in but they could theoretically check ID at the turnstiles so it’s a slight risk.

Public sale is different although anyone trying to make a profit is a low order scumbag. 

24 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

In euro20 ssc tickets could not be transferred once downloaded 

ballot ones could 

this time - remains to be seen 

There can be valid reasons for someone no longer being able to travel. If you do have an SSC ticket but later cannot travel, I assume the ticket can be handed back to SSC who can try to re-sell? 

2 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

There can be valid reasons for someone no longer being able to travel. If you do have an SSC ticket but later cannot travel, I assume the ticket can be handed back to SSC who can try to re-sell? 

SSC didn’t sell the tickets it was UEFA. 

4 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

So you mean a ticket procured via the SSC could be put on the UEFA resale platform in the Spring? 

Would be the only way to do it I think. I’m not 100% sure to be honest but what I do know is the SSC wouldn’t be able to help.