So what games did people in the ballot end up with? - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So what games did people in the ballot end up with?

Bristolhibby

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I hope you're not going to go boasting about that when you are over there? 🤣

I don’t think anyone will be boasting “Ten German Bombers, RAF from England shot them down” English style.

But it did happen. Pretty much the whole Rhur has been rebuilt since 1945, Dortmund, Bochum, Düsseldorf, Duisburg, etc. And there were Scottish Airmen very much involved. My Grandad an engine fitter in the RAF helped keep the aircraft going. 

I honestly think everyone is over WW2 now and moved on. We’ve had almost 80 years of peace in Western Europe since 1945. 

J

On 12/8/2023 at 4:11 PM, Logansrun said:

We lucked out and got 8 tickets for Scotland Hungary game in the ballot, unbelievable really some scenes last sat when the draw was made. We have 3 spare looking to swap for the Switzerland game. 

Are you Mark Quinn’s mate? He messaged me this story about an hour after the draw 😆

• 3 months later...

Got tickets for Slovakia v Ukraine through the Ukrainian FA last week, was offered one for Romania v Ukraine in Munich, but that is after being on the go for almost a solid 48 hours around the Germany v Scotland game on the Friday, and thought best to skip that one.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:15 PM, wanderer said:

Got tickets for Slovakia v Ukraine through the Ukrainian FA last week, was offered one for Romania v Ukraine in Munich, but that is after being on the go for almost a solid 48 hours around the Germany v Scotland game on the Friday, and thought best to skip that one.

Turns out that’s the game I’ve got too. I will have seen Ukraine almost as many times as Scotland at this rate!

J

11 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Turns out that’s the game I’ve got too. I will have seen Ukraine almost as many times as Scotland at this rate!

J

Slovakia v Play Off B winner seemed to be one of the easiest games to get a ticket for, even when Ukrainian FA tickets went on sale, it was a slow slither of sales before selling out a day or two later.

21 hours ago, wanderer said:

Just got a Turkey v Georgia ticket for 45 Euros after Georgia tickets went on sale on a first come-first serve basis this morning

That’s annoying, now sold out. Could have gone to that, although staying in Cologne could have got to Dortmund on the free train. 

5 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

That’s annoying, now sold out. Could have gone to that, although staying in Cologne could have got to Dortmund on the free train. 

Actually, just looking at the timings, would never made it. Düsseldorf airport to Cologne hotel, dump gear then train to Dortmund. 

Will just hang out with the TA in Cologne. 

J

1 hour ago, Dhowie5 said:

It hadn’t crossed my mind to try and get tickets for games through other FAs. 

Does anyone know of other sales planned? 

They were all done in December with the exception of the 4 play off teams (who have now completed sales also). 

12 hours ago, Dhowie5 said:

It hadn’t crossed my mind to try and get tickets for games through other FAs. 

Does anyone know of other sales planned? 

Georgia were the last to go on sale, after Ukraine and Poland sold their tickets a couple of weeks ago.