Tartan army dress code - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan army dress code

jimmy2mac

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I can tell you how inconvenient it can be and when i discovered lanacane ......

I had Tartan Bermudas at Italia 90 and Jeans at Sweden 92

Euro 96 was my first time wearing a full weight kilt - hired it from a place in EK which is no longer there

Sitting outside a pub in Birmingham for the final game, an unbeknown to me, the top of my fag had fallen onto the kilt and left a hole the size of a half pence on one of the pleats

I admitted guilt when i returned it but claimed it was done by some arse that was behind me and offered to buy it - Got it for £45 which was a fantastic result

Anyway at France 98 i was not a kilt virgin & had went commando most of the time i had worn it and laughed at the poofs that wore pants

We were in Lyon the night before we played Morocco in St Etienne where Iran were playing USA and England were playing Romania in Toulouse

We found a wee boozer showing the England game & at the bar was that wee knob Bill Leckie

By the time of Kick off the pub was rammed and there was no air conditioning - it had already been a warm day

Everyone was going mad the last 10 minutes and at Romania's late winner 

I was standing on a chair and i actually thought i had pissed myself but it was just sweat running down my big thighs

Wasnt bothered at all - dried myself later & carried on boozing till midnight

Kilt on the next day and enjoying myself in St Etienne after securing a last minute ticket from the British Embassy and only noticed a problem when we started walking to the stadium

Thighs were red raw and i was in agony - walking like i had shat myself it was that sore

I had no relief till i got home 48 hours later and i was advised to use lanacane - works instantly

I now always wear pants if i have the kilt on

😂 ffs , thanks for that descriptive memoir Ally .  I truly felt like I was there sharing your pain. 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:12 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Wear whatever you want. If anyone has a problem with your attire that’s their problem and not yours. Fuck them

Correct. Unless your attire is blocking someone else's view or is giving off a potent scent, then no-one's business what you're wearing.