Taxi share from Lille to Charleroi for Edinburgh flight on Wed 18 Oct - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Taxi share from Lille to Charleroi for Edinburgh flight on Wed 18 Oct

goggs

Hoping to share a taxi from Lille to Charleroi Airport if there is anyone else on the RyanAir flight at 940am on Wed 18 Oct from Charleroi to Edinburgh as there is no public transport that will get there in time that morning it seems......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Note the Ryan Air flight from Brussels Charleroi to Edinburgh on Wednesday 18 October has moved from 940am to 920am. I've changed my bus booking therefore to the 515am one as the 645am bus doesn't arrive till 830am which only leaves 50 mins for the flight which I reckon is a bit too tight. Bus price is same at 27 euros and you can change the bus ticket for free (need to cancel the first bus to receive a voucher which you can use to book the earlier bus, which costs the same at the moment).

13 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Are the flibco buses alright? Read some pretty terrible reviews online.

I read some bad reviews but I think that is the ones that shuttle to Brussels and not the ones that are pre booked.  There is also trains that run from Charleroi train station to Lille.  The station is only 15 mins away in taxi from airport 

19 hours ago, Jzw85 said:

I read some bad reviews but I think that is the ones that shuttle to Brussels and not the ones that are pre booked.  There is also trains that run from Charleroi train station to Lille.  The station is only 15 mins away in taxi from airport 

Thanks, I checked the trains take a while I think but might be worth a shout. The other option looking at is flying into Beauvais but again getting there for Lille isn’t as straightforward as would think (albeit both are Ryanair airports by looks of it so I should have known better!)

29 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Thanks, I checked the trains take a while I think but might be worth a shout. The other option looking at is flying into Beauvais but again getting there for Lille isn’t as straightforward as would think (albeit both are Ryanair airports by looks of it so I should have known better!)

There is certain trains that only took 1hour 45 mins.  The one I seen got in Lille at 1653 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 10:51 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Are the flibco buses alright? Read some pretty terrible reviews online.

Haven't read the reviews myself but I did get a Flibco bus from Charleroi to Brussels earlier this year & it was fine. I think it's just a lot less organised than people maybe think - if you turn up for an earlier or later bus, they'll let you on regardless, so perhaps bad reviews have come as a result of stowed buses. They claim that you're guaranteed a seat if you've bought your ticket in advance, so I could imagine some buses are potentially just crammed if they also allow standing.

But aye, got the bus straight off the airport & also got the bus back from Brussels about 7am on the way back, and both ran without issue. Folk scudding tins on the bus too so there didn't seem to be any issues with cargo either.

On the Edinburgh flight at 10.55 out and got the 15.30 bus to Lille, return, tried for the 5ish bus to airport but looks sold out so got the 2ish bus from Lille to airport, sleep at airport for the 9.20 to Edinburgh, Billy no mates here so say hello in the passing.

We ( 2 of us) are flying into Charleroi on the 17th arriving 9.05 and driving back to Charleroi straight after the game (we have an earlly flight to Majorca on the 18th). If car sharing on that basis helps anyone (staying at IBIS at Charleroi airport) helps anyone give me a shout.

10 hours ago, Dangerous said:

We ( 2 of us) are flying into Charleroi on the 17th arriving 9.05 and driving back to Charleroi straight after the game (we have an earlly flight to Majorca on the 18th). If car sharing on that basis helps anyone (staying at IBIS at Charleroi airport) helps anyone give me a shout.

Messaged earlier, not sure if driving yourself or looking to share a taxi? Four of us are on same flight over to Charleroi i think (6.20am from Edinburgh?) and were going to get trains but if wanted to share taxi we would be up for it. Another two guys potentially also keen so can get a 8 seater for around £23 each.

But If misread message just ignore this!

10 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Messaged earlier, not sure if driving yourself or looking to share a taxi? Four of us are on same flight over to Charleroi i think (6.20am from Edinburgh?) and were going to get trains but if wanted to share taxi we would be up for it. Another two guys potentially also keen so can get a 8 seater for around £23 each.

But If misread message just ignore this!

Hi, We are driving - need to get back to Charleroi for a 6.35 flight the next morning but thanks for the offer! 

DHowie - I have seen your message and am in theprocess of responding.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:36 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

Flibco bus for me 05:15 AM on wednesday morning for the 09:20am ryan air flight to Edinburgh.

Probably best to book your tickets in advance I think it will be a busy bus.

🚌✔️

On this one too.  Already dreading the journey