Hampden Turnstile Entrances - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden Turnstile Entrances

KillieDJ

Anyone know where I can see how to access the different turnstiles at Hampden?

I got stung for the England game as we were sitting in section F and had to do a long detour to get to the turnstiles 

We are in section G for Ukraine so wondering if I can see a map somewhere of best way to access those turnstiles?

I guess the still have a fence between F and G.   I got caught out by that once too.

For G then, stay away from the North Stand side and enter here from the south-east from Aitkenhead Road, then veer right...

image.thumb.png.88759eb2d6b09a1d39a5645f25b536ca.png

Edited by Grim Jim
Not sure if you can get past the South Stand from Mt Florida, but could take Mount Annan Drive?

9 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I guess the still have a fence between F and G.   I got caught out by that once too.

For G then, stay away from the North Stand side and enter here from the south-east from Aitkenhead Road, then veer right...

image.thumb.png.88759eb2d6b09a1d39a5645f25b536ca.png

Thanks - I know there is a set of steps going from South Stand but not sure if they are actually still used. 

I had the same issue and got diverted onto Aitkenhead road and round to the back of the East Stand - took ages

23 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

Thanks - I know there is a set of steps going from South Stand but not sure if they are actually still used. 

I had the same issue and got diverted onto Aitkenhead road and round to the back of the East Stand - took ages

That wee set of steps, next to the south stand, is usually "down only" so they are no use to you. But you just need to veer right a wee bit (it's only about 50 yards) then turn left onto the main steps up to sections G, H, I and J. You can't get lost from there. 

Do not go past the north stand. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get from the back of the north stand round Aikenhead Rd to section G. I'm guessing you had to do the reverse route for the England game?