(current) Entry Requirements for Moldova - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

(current) Entry Requirements for Moldova

wanderer

I was speaking to the UK embassy in Moldova with regards to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal, and asked about the entry requirements for entering Moldova (main one I can see is you must have a hard copy of your vaccine certificate).

Entry to Moldova

At the moment, to entry Moldova you need to present documentation to prove you have received both doses of a vaccination. The second dose must have been administered at least 14 days before your date of arrival. Current rules do not specify whether electronic documents are acceptable as proof, but you are recommended to bring your test result in paper form.

Entry to Romania

The UK is on Romania’s “Red List” of countries of high epidemiological risk.

On 1 July the Romanian government announced that for individuals arriving in Romania from Great Britain only, the following exceptions from quarantine will apply:

•individuals who have completed a full course of vaccination at least ten days before arriving in Romania

•individuals confirmed positive with COVID-19 in the last 180 days prior to entry into Romania, and for whom at least 14 days have passed from the date of confirmation to the date of entry into the country

Travellers ineligible for exemption from quarantine when arriving from the UK will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.

Before you travel to England, if you have been fully vaccinated you need to:

1. Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test - to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to the UK.

2. book and pay for COVID-19 test<https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider> on or before day 2– to be taken after arrival in UK.

If you are not fully vaccinated

If you do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules, on arrival in the UK you must:

* quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days

* take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8

The additional information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england?fbclid=IwAR3NRYqM7fd9-RZ6lfriwwQHQAHh-I39pfYstbSPHOBjVhosiWXEe_NwjUo

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shaddypeekey said:

A cov test 3 days before travel? That means I can do the test from my house, before I even leave Scotland! 

This all changes in England from the 3rd October.

I think then if you are fully vaccinated you just need the test two days after you get home. No test required to get into Moldova or England. Just need your NHS letter to prove vaccination status.

J

18 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

This all changes in England from the 3rd October.

I think then if you are fully vaccinated you just need the test two days after you get home. No test required to get into Moldova or England. Just need your NHS letter to prove vaccination status.

J

We've a stopover in Dublin coming back , seems to be ok going via there too but it's worth checking if you're stopping over coming back