Goals - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goals

gusmac

We need them. Whos going to score them? Can anybody find the back of the net? Our finishing recently has been severely lacking. Who is going to step up?

Do we have a set penalty taker?

I think creating enough good chances is the problem. If we do that I’m confident we will score goals. Hopefully we can dominate Moldova today and create and put away a number of good chances tonight.

It’ll be interesting to see Clarke’s formation and personnel for the game, we need to win tonight.

7 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Nisbet is a natural finisher with a better all round game than Kris Boyd who was the last one in a similar mould. 

I agreed with you before, but he didn't shower himself in glory tonight. But none of our strikers did. Nisbet deserves another chance. Every other striker tends to get at least 10 caps before they are binned.

As I said in another thread, it's been 35 years since any player scored more than 20 goals for Scotland. John McGinn only needs to score 4 more goals in his whole Scotland career and he'll be in the top of all time on 14 goals.

A goalscorer has been a huge issue for a long long time.

I thought Nisbet looked decent at times, played some neat passes in and around the box with Patterson for the goal, linked nicely with Gilmour for a good chance. If we play with two up front against Austria, I’d probably go with Dykes and Nisbet.

Edited by Scot1