Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 4 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

There's a fair bit of casual racism on this thread, people can support who they want whether they 1st, 2nd, 3rd or more generation.

A genuine Irish fan is someone who actually supports the team due to their connection with Ireland.

I think when people say 'plastic' they mean bigoted Scottish Ireland fan that 'supports' them due to the old firm sectarian divide. Yes these people do exist.

As i said before the type that doesn't represent what Ireland is all about.

FFS Bigotry and Racism, talk about over reacting you pair :-))

Can't say I agree with either of you although to be fair EK I do agree folks are free to do what they like. As I said further up the thread as long as the Irish fans are there to enjoy themselves then it won't matter to me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS Bigotry and Racism, talk about over reacting you pair :-))

Can't say I agree with either of you although to be fair EK I do agree folks are free to do what they like. As I said further up the thread as long as the Irish fans are there to enjoy themselves then it won't matter to me.

Yip, folk should be free to do what they wish. Seems though it's only Irish people that have to fit some sort of TAMB fans profile before they are allowed to attend matches. Plenty of people of Italian descent in Glasgow but I don't remember all this when we played Italy and there were plenty Italian Scots there supporting Italy.

Yip, folk should be free to do what they wish. Seems though it's only Irish people that have to fit some sort of TAMB fans profile before they are allowed to attend matches. Plenty of people of Italian descent in Glasgow but I don't remember all this when we played Italy and there were plenty Italian Scots there supporting Italy.

Not actually true mate, no voters and 'hu'ns' aren't allowed to go to our games either if you were to take this board seriously. I've already been called a Plastic Jock this morning :-))

I used the term 'plastics' above but there was certainly no malice in it. Fact is I know two guys who are supporting Ireland that night, who have zero connections to them. To me I find it odd and a little bit sad but certainly don't lose any sleep over it and the last thing I would call them are bigots.

I was in Dublin last week for a meeting at Trinity College and was speaking to a woman on the plane over who said she worked for the Irish FA on the admin side. She said it was likely to be confirmed (prob this week) that the Irish would get an official allocation of 7000 tickets (said they'd had almost 35,000 applications for tickets). She didn't specifically say so but said there had been 'indications' they might get more than 7k. Prob meant the SFA will wait and see what take up there is from home fans before releasing any more tix to R0I fans.

I'm only going on her word for it but no reason to doubt her authenticity. Time will tell. But either way I'd expect the final number of Irish fans in the stadium will be at least half again.

Not actually true mate, no voters and 'hu'ns' aren't allowed to go to our games either if you were to take this board seriously. I've already been called a Plastic Jock this morning :-))

I used the term 'plastics' above but there was certainly no malice in it. Fact is I know two guys who are supporting Ireland that night, who have zero connections to them. To me I find it odd and a little bit sad but certainly don't lose any sleep over it and the last thing I would call them are bigots.

In response to you calling folk plastics.

Shyte.

Which area of the stadium are the official Irish fans going to be in?

It will be the same section Celtic use for away fans at their home games. Lisbon Lions stand but couldn't honestly tell you if it's Upper or Lower. I had assumed they would get a bit of both, but that was when i thought we were giving them a lot more than 3k.

Not half as boring as you following me around like a simpering butthurt.

A bit hard to miss you when you hijack every thread with the same stuff.

You aren't even going to the game, seemingly don't care about the team anymore so do us a favour and leave supporting the team to those of us who do care.

Maybe if folk like you bothered your arse going then we wouldn't need to worry about Irish fans in our end.

It will be the same section Celtic use for away fans at their home games. Lisbon Lions stand but couldn't honestly tell you if it's Upper or Lower. I had assumed they would get a bit of both, but that was when i thought we were giving them a lot more than 3k.

I still think they'll get something like 1,500 in top and 1,500 in bottom.

I was in Dublin last week for a meeting at Trinity College and was speaking to a woman on the plane over who said she worked for the Irish FA on the admin side. She said it was likely to be confirmed (prob this week) that the Irish would get an official allocation of 7000 tickets (said they'd had almost 35,000 applications for tickets). She didn't specifically say so but said there had been 'indications' they might get more than 7k. Prob meant the SFA will wait and see what take up there is from home fans before releasing any more tix to R0I fans.

I'm only going on her word for it but no reason to doubt her authenticity. Time will tell. But either way I'd expect the final number of Irish fans in the stadium will be at least half again.

35k applications? Irish FA confirmed yesterday it was 10k.

I know you have been telling us all to shut up, get over it and/or move on a lot but was it really to make space for this putrid guff?

Sorry please do get back to your delightful plastics chat with your charming friends. Do continue.

Jesus Christ :-)):-))

Anyone else have this image in their head?

slmdci.jpg

Calm doon man FFS

I still think they'll get something like 1,500 in top and 1,500 in bottom.

See I thought that but then the bottom part swings round towards the main stand. Perhaps 2k down bottom and 1k up top? I've no idea how much each of their sections hold.

I know from being at OF games there we get 8k and it only goes round to the corner of the 18 yard box.

A bit hard to miss you when you hijack every thread with the same stuff.

You aren't even going to the game, seemingly don't care about the team anymore so do us a favour and leave supporting the team to those of us who do care.

Maybe if folk like you bothered your arse going then we wouldn't need to worry about Irish fans in our end.

Hijack every thread? Right oh drama queen. Like I say you crack on with your wee pal.

See I thought that but then the bottom part swings round towards the main stand. Perhaps 2k down bottom and 1k up top? I've no idea how much each of their sections hold.

I know from being at OF games there we get 8k and it only goes round to the corner of the 18 yard box.

Where is away end for this game?

There's a fair bit of casual racism on this thread, people can support who they want whether they 1st, 2nd, 3rd or more generation.

What about the no generation Ireland fans? I'm all for people following their roots but it's genuinely disgusting otherwise.

I remember back to 2003, the last time we played roi at home.. when I was a mere 9 years old and as I was going to my seat I ended up walking past scummy, bigoted daftys Singing you can stick your tartan army up your arse .

I obviously never understood but It stuck in my head to this day.

What about the no generation Ireland fans? I'm all for people following their roots but it's genuinely disgusting otherwise.

I remember back to 2003, the last time we played roi at home.. when I was a mere 9 years old and as I was going to my seat I ended up walking past scummy, bigoted daftys Singing you can stick your tartan army up your arse .

Ide have no problem at all sitting next to genuine Irish supporters, Been treated really well in away ends in my years following Scotland, but would have a big problem sitting next to any of that mob

How did you know they were "no generation"? Actually you didn't, in fact you knew feck all about them.