22nd November - draw - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

22nd November - draw

Bonny79

18 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Convenient way to avoid answering any of the points raised.

Mainly your ‘astronomical odds’ claim which you didn’t check for 15 years. 

Swearing and having a go at me doesn’t defend you from the accusations of making completely incorrect claims that you didn’t bother to fact check.

You just come across as an arrogant, condescending, pedantic arsehole. Not just on this thread either.

I’ll express my view regardless of your so-called anal self-appointed “fact-checking”.

Life is about more than facts. Opinions are valid too and having one doesn’t make me a “conspiracy theorist” or such like.

Enjoy your sterile, boring, pedantic fact-based existence. Have fun spending hours trawling through history to try and prove you’re right every time. Nobody cares.

3 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

You just come across as an arrogant, condescending, pedantic arsehole. Not just on this thread either.

I’ll express my view regardless of your so-called anal self-appointed “fact-checking”.

Life is about more than facts. Opinions are valid too and having one doesn’t make me a “conspiracy theorist” or such like.

Enjoy your sterile, boring, pedantic fact-based existence. Have fun spending hours trawling through history to try and prove you’re right every time. Nobody cares.

If you thought the odds were 'astronomical,' why would you not work them out, to help back up your claim?

If someone writes something which is incorrect, then surely they'd want and expect to be challenged and corrected? I know I would. I wouldn't want to go about in blissful ignorance, I'd want somebody to point out my mistake. As happened on here the other day. I misunderstood the playoff draw, somebody corrected me, I apologised for my mistake and we move on. Simple 3 posts. Too many people get defensive when somebody points out a mistake!

Something like 'the odds must be astronomical' isn't really an opinion, is it? It's more of a straightforward statement with a definite answer, which can be verified either way. Having an opinion is not what makes you a conspiracy theorist, it's the incorrect facts you included with your opinion that were the problem.

If we qualify we`ll play  2 matches at Hampden and 1 at Wembley. If we don`t qualify presumably Israel/Norway/Serbia will play twice at Hampden.

If ROI qualify they`ll play twice in Dublin and once in Bilbao. If they don`t Slovaquia, Bosnia or NI will play twice in Dublin and once in Bilbao.

If Hungary or Rumania qualify they`ll play 2 matches at home but we won`t know till March if either or neither is going to qualify so how will this be arranged in draw next week?  Pot 4 is for 4 play off winners, Wales and Finland but with Hungary and Rumania in same play off "group" how can UEFA confirm where all teams will play? Telling winner of Kosovo play off "group"   they`ll play in Budapest or Bucharest? UEFA  have already announced there is no longer need for extra draw the day after play off finals.

2 hours ago, Bonny79 said:

If we don't beat isreal at least can watch the Irish Derby hopefully. 

I'd be quite surprised if either Irish side get through their semi-final. Tough games for both.