Sarah Smith - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I agree that he has exploited this tragedy in the past. In fact was David Cameron not going down the same route with his speech about the NHS?

Anyhow I agree to an extent that the subject of his dead child is not taboo as such but is still a tragedy in my eyes and is not something which should be mocked.

Doesn't mean I don't think he's a devious james hunt btw

I was thinking the same when I saw his speech on the news. Really pathetic to use such a tragic private event in his politics.

Also shallow and meaningless IMO from a millionaire PM with access to any top private medical care he needs - but he still used it.

You could see his wife visibly upset by the mention of it, even though they must have discussed it beforehand and agreed to go ahead with the speech.

The No vote has left us with these people ruling our country and lives for the next few years. :cry::worried:

You may be right that they deserve to be finished, but we can’t write them off that easily. The habit of voting Labour is ingrained with many people – it goes very deep, and it used to mean something significant.

FWIW I think it’s largely tribal now. How else do you vote for a party whose leader announces on TV that Scots aren’t genetically programmed to take political decisions? That level of contempt for the people who elect you is staggering.

The Labour-for-Indy people have got an interesting few months to make up their minds whether to stick with their party or press for real change. There’s a bit of me that kind of hopes they stick with the Labour party because that will maintain the festering fault line in the party, and they’ll use up precious time and energy bickering over that.

Bottom line, though: don’t write Labour off. They’ve been around a long time, and even though they’re incredibly out of touch they’ve learnt over the years how to exploit and maintain their power base. They’re in slow decline, not having a cardiac arrest.

Agree 100%