Passport Renewal Problem! - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Passport Renewal Problem!

kirkintoddy

Wife awaiting passport. Done on line two Saturdays ago. Sent back as problem wi signature. Sent away again last Saturday now had call unlikely to be ready for Germany trip on Friday !!!!!!!!. Can't do the 1 day thing as to cancel process as it will take 2 weeks. Upgrading to try and fast track once they say it s ok to . Any one else had anything similar happen as looking for some hope to cheer us up.

I was a little worried mine wouldn't be ready in time so I phoned up to get it fast tracked, called on a Tuesday and got an appointment for the next Tuesday at 4pm. Total doddle, was ony in the office five mins and my passport arrived the Thursday morning.

dont be fobbed off mate ask to speak to the supervisor if you get no joy from the person you speak to at first ask them about the premium service this means you get an apointment at your local passport office and if they accept your application in this way you can usually pick up from the same office after 4 hrs dont know if your circumstances will fit there criteria but anything is worth a shot good luck mate

dont know if this helps mate but have a read Upgrading a standard application

You may be able to upgrade your application to use the Fast Track or Premium service if you’ve already applied to renew your passport by post or through the Check and Send service.

Upgrades are usually only available in special circumstances - eg you’ve had to change your travel plans at short notice.

You won’t have to pay a fee to upgrade your application if all of the following apply:

• you need to travel in the next 7 days
  • you’ve applied to renew a passport by post or Check and Send
  • your correct and completed application has been with Her Majesty’s Passport Office for more than 3 weeks

Looks like all is well. Passport in hands of courier. Thanks to all who messaged Much appreciated.

I would've looked after you H...Mrs. D would be ok with me looking after your welfare.....call it care in the community..... Lol......Doickkkkkkkkkkk,.....Buddies in Boats.