New member seeking advice. - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New member seeking advice.

Leg-End

Hi. Been reading this here forum for a while but only recently registered. I’m looking for some friendly info regarding tickets/loyalty points etc with regards to getting a chance at travelling to an away game. There’s a lot of info that I’ve found myself but I can see that there are issues regarding the Albania away fixture with no confirmation on a venue or allocation of tickets. There appear to be enough people booking places on the coaches to sell out potential stadium allocations already. I’ve never been to a Scotland international. There, I’ve said it. You’ve got to start somewhere though right? I’m hoping that if the friendly against Belgium is still set to go ahead, I’ll try and make my first appearance at Hampden in September. 

Have I got a realistic chance of getting a ticket for Albania away? I don’t want to start booking up flights/accommodation if it’s going to be a non starter. I also don’t want to assume that I can just rock up and jump on the bandwagon. I expect there’s a lot of people on here that have put the hours in, travelled to every corner of the world in support of their nation and never miss a match. Would a new face be welcome? How long does it take to earn an effective number of loyalty points? I’m a signed up member of the SSC but then I expect thousands of other people are too.

Before you answer that I should add a disclaimer and let you all know that I live in East Anglia in Suffolk and I was born in Bolton Lancashire but it was only 5 weeks after my family moved away from Dunfermline in Fife. I consider myself a Scot to the very core and being brought up within a Scottish family I’m the only one that wasn’t born there. It’s been a bone of contention for me all my life. I’m always convinced that I’m not accepted by the Scots or the English at the end of the day. 

Id be interested to hear your thoughts, opinions and advice if you have any. International football is always something I’ve been keen to get more involved with but life gets in the way too much of the time. I made it to the Euros in 2016 as a neutral. I had a few health issues shortly after but having endured the circus that is the World Cup in the last month I’m keen to find a start point. 

Cheers.

12 hours ago, Leg-End said:

I consider myself a Scot to the very core and being brought up within a Scottish family I’m the only one that wasn’t born there. It’s been a bone of contention for me all my life. I’m always convinced that I’m not accepted by the Scots or the English at the end of the day. 

Id be interested to hear your thoughts, opinions and advice if you have any. International football is always something I’ve been keen to get more involved with but life gets in the way too much of the time. I made it to the Euros in 2016 as a neutral. I had a few health issues shortly after but having endured the circus that is the World Cup in the last month I’m keen to find a start point. 

Cheers.

It doesnt seem to bother Rod Stewart so i'm sure your doubts are ill founded !

I'm probably not the best to give advice however if you are really set on going to Albania then travelling without a ticket and hoping you get one over there is probably the best advice

Ive been in the Travel Club since 1991 and that is the only way you can guarantee yourself a ticket for away matches but to get yourself some points so you would get a ticket for the likes of Albania means going to away games where the ticket allocation is not going to be an issue

I only re-joined 2 years ago after few years out...Bertie / Levine / Burley...Ticket for Slovakia away, neebs online, printed them off from Slovakian FA..since then points accrued, been to most games home and away...And living down south (myself too) you have the advantage of cheap flights.... more chance for ticket for game in Israel, stadium holds 30,000. But 9 of us going to Albania, Weds / Sunday....Only 4 of us realistic chance of tickets, but others will hopefully sort tickets from Albanian FA.....We will be in the bar outside the Jolly Hotel every day, 5 mins from main square . If you want to be bored off yer nut you can come and listen 8 Fifers moan about who`s roond it is.

I did consider Israel but targeted Albania initially because I thought that travel and hotels plus the time of year might suit me better than others. Didn’t reckon on the allocation being so small but I understand why having researched it a little more. Getting time off work is a real ballache for me so I’ve got to be quick getting my requests in for holiday days. I’ve since discovered the page on here that lists all the potential international dates up to 2024 and beyond which is quite handy.