Yes Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does anyone know if Yes Scotland are continuing or if they are disbanding as an organisation? I could probably find it out pretty quickly through FB but thought I'd ask here first.

I have heard conflicting stories, personally I would have hoped they would have continued. Wonder if my direct debit to them will come off next month or not

If they are continuing I will keep my direct debit going as come the next referendum they will need to have built up a decent amount of funds as this one shows the No side will be more heavily funded. We also can't rely on more donations from the Euro Millions couple.

My feelings exactly. I cancelled mine just before the referendum, but if they continue I'll start it back up again, so they can build up a war chest that would be enough to fight a campaign once more.

The yes shop in kirkcaldy has closed and as far as i know at this moment in time it is disbanded but i could be wrong.My mate who was involved with the yes campaign told me that and is now on the warpath with the blue and red tories.He says he had 2 years of campaigning and isnt stopping now :ok:

The Yes Shop in Inverness is staying, they are moving into a new shop next week.

I do have doubts though over how long they will last. They will need continued funding to pay rent, materials etc. They also, like all the other yes shops, relied on volunteers. Will they be able to get enough people volunteering to keep it open? Possibly at the moment but in 6 months? A year? Also what will they do day in day out in the months ahead.

Hopefully they can stay active but I have a bad feeling it will drop away, as will the interest and they will have to close in the not to distant future.

Here is hoping it is a real rise in support and not just a rise in membership as having a look through the last 30 years of major elections the SNP vote has never really fallen below 400,000. It seem that the SNP have a core support of 400-600,000 throughout recent years. This might just be SNP voters sigining up for the first time as opposed to new SNP voters.

Just checked my bank and my direct debit came out for October.

Tried to call them but the office in Glasgow is shut on Saturdays. The recorded message was also from the 18th September as it was thanking people for voting Yes today.

Will be a bit annoyed if they have disbanded but are still taking people's direct debits. If they are continuing I will probably still pay but it doesn't seem that way.

Will call on Monday and if no answer will cancel direct debit. Think I might just have lost this month's one.

That's my question answered. Yes Scotland are disbanding.

I forgot to check and my direct debit was taken out on the 2nd October. Had been trying to call them to find out but every time it was a recorded message from the 18th September meaning they haven't been active since.

Signed into my bank just now to cancel my direct debit but it wasn't showing in my list. This months one was refunded on the 6th October. So I'm guessing they refunded everyones DD and cancelled them.

Pity as I would have been more than willing to keep it going if Yes Scotland were going to continue as an Independence pressure group or umbrella group. Shame to shut down an official movement. Would have been better to keep it going, keep campaigning, keep releasing information and the organisation would be set up and ready come the next vote. Instead of having to start from scratch again.