Help / advice re travel compensation - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Help / advice re travel compensation

Never experienced major delays / cancellations before so advice on the best approach to get compensation would be appreciated.

Package deal to Palma for 6 days booked as a "package" including hotel and flights out provided by Easyjet...(yes i know).

So on time at Edi for departure - board says flight delayed 3 hours, then shortly after flight canceled.

At Easyjet desk major argument - no rooms anywhere etc and flight "delayed" 24 hours - 24 hours seems like a cancellation to me.

Anyhoo I know there are statutory payments due as a result of "delay" but surely we are also entitled to a refund on the one night in Palma lost as a result of the 24 hour delay.

So do I start by writing to lastminute as package provide or take it up with Easyjet ?

51 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't think you have any claim unless you booked the room as part of a package.  If you just booked a flight you might at best get something from your travel insurance but they'll try to wriggle out of it.

Room was part of deal

If you've booked it as a package then you should direct your claim through the Tour Operator and they should handle on your behalf.  It's part of terms and conditions of their ATOL license and you shouldn't need to claim through your insurance.